Senior Front-End Engineer
PRODUCT – ENGINEERING
Make recognition fun. Love your work.
Join our small but growing team dedicated to building engaged, recognition-rich cultures in workplaces across the globe!
To learn what makes our company culture unique, take a peek at our Employee Un-Handbook, check out our Instagram, and check out this video to see what it’s like to work here.
*** Bonusly’s “Workplace”: Bonusly is still hiring! We currently conduct all interviews and on-boarding new hires remotely. Bonusly has both a hybrid and remote workforce and will furnish all employees with what they need to work remotely. ***
What is Bonusly?
Bonusly provides solutions to create high-performance, high-engagement teams. We believe that success in business is determined by people, working on teams, to solve novel problems. That belief extends to our own team, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
What is our mission?
Our mission is to help people connect with their work and each other in meaningful ways. Our vision is for every organization to reach success by using Bonusly to build high-performance, high-engagement teams. We believe that the way we work today can be so much better.
How do we get there?
Our top-rated SaaS platform is built by the talented and creative team here at Bonusly. We work with autonomy, responsibility, and purpose. We are driven by a desire to make meaningful impacts for our customers, and to be excellent teammates to each other along the way.
Bonusly is looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Front-End Engineer to expand our impact as an established leader in HR B2B SaaS. We are seeking an expert level React developer with demonstrated success deploying high-impact production systems. Experience working within design systems to create micro front ends (MFEs) is a huge plus. You will get to positively impact some of the most influential companies in the world such as Hulu, Chobani, Headspace, Palo Alto Networks, and more by building a product that empowers employees to show appreciation for each other, build stronger working relationships, and feel a greater sense of belonging. We’re looking for someone who is both highly analytical and enthusiastically creative. Ideally, you are a seasoned engineer who can empathize with users, take the lead on design and architecture, and write clean, maintainable code. Finally, you will use your experience in modern web frameworks and development tools to drive best practices across the team.
What you’ll do
- Join an inclusive, collaborative, and skilled product team that loves to deliver value for our customers.
- Assume a leadership role in a comprehensive rebranding effort to improve customer impact and user engagement while driving business outcomes
- Develop new systems and features from idea to production.
- Constantly analyze and improve our user experiences.
- Be a part of our high growth journey and collaborate to create and iterate on our practices.
- Have the support of your amazing, talented colleagues while working on small, high impact teams and enjoying the trust and autonomy needed to be biased toward action.
- Embrace a nuanced view of time off, as we encourage our team to mix work and free time in different ways to help people stay motivated and refreshed.
You should apply if you…..
- have 5+ years of professional front-end development
- have 3+ years of professional experience with React.js and modern CSS frameworks and tools
- have worked with a variety of best-in-class cloud providers
- Design System Experience
- embody the Ten Principles for Growth as an Engineer
- are interested in the things we talk about at https://engineering.bonus.ly/
- are eager to communicate cross-functionally and within product, design, and engineering
- architect code for performance, scalability, and future maintainability
- leave code better than it was found
Bonus Points for…
- being familiar with Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Node, and Redis
- uplifting and mentoring other team members through code reviews, pairing sessions, architecture input, proactive communication, and/or strong leadership qualities
- a strong interest in learning about new technologies, development processes, and practices and shares this knowledge with the team or implements tooling around it
- being an advocate and change agent for deployment and development best practices
- being opinionated about implementation patterns and practices, working within the context of design systems, and architecting micro front ends to interact with distributed, event-driven microservices back ends.
- the drive to act and own high-impact projects from day one
- previous work experience in a startup environment
- Base Salary: $140,000 – $180,000
- Equity: .06% – .15%
Benefits and opportunities include…
• Collaborating with a growing team of smart & passionate creators.
• Making work more enjoyable and meaningful by reimagining the way companies recognize and reward their employees.
• Being empowered to innovate, take ownership, and motivate change at a growing company.
• Fully covered Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
• Fully covered short-term/long-term disability and life insurance
• Progressive vacation policy.
• 401(k) with employer matching.
• Subsidized wellness, transit, and professional development.
• Bonusly! (Of course we use our own product for peer, work anniversary, and birthday recognition)
What’s it like to work at Bonusly?
Culture and employee experience are some of our top priorities! See what we’re all about at https://bonus.ly/about, and check out our official Employee Unhandbook to learn more about our culture and values.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy:
Bonusly prioritizes the safety and wellbeing of all our team members regardless of vaccination status. The CDC believes getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the single most effective thing we can do to protect our team members, their families, and their communities. Currently, in order to attend any company/team events in person we require all attendees to be vaccinated (unless state laws say otherwise).
We actively work toward greater diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please let your recruiter know if we reach out for an initial phone screen.