Sr. Workday Core HCM & Talent/Perf Management Analyst (Remote)
Location: Remote / Field US
Job Type: Full-Time
What Will You Be A Part Of?
The Sr. Staff Systems Analyst will become part of Thermo Fisher Scientific s Corporate IT function on the Human Resources Technology Services (HRTS) team supporting Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems, specifically in the functional domain of Workday Core HCM and Talent & Performance Management. In this role, the individual will plan, design, and implement efficient business and systems solutions in support of the Human Resources function s business processes and policies and legal and regulatory requirements. This includes gathering and analysing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, systems requirements and system capabilities. The individual will be responsible for working closely with the business end-user community, internal IT staff, and external consultants to ensure effective definition and delivery of HR Technology applications. This position has hands-on responsibility for system configuration, prototyping, testing, and support in the functional areas of Core HCM, Workday Business Processes, Talent and Performance Management and related integrations into and out of Workday.
The successful candidate will showcase experiences including HR systems module expertise and configuration ownership, effective project management practices, working collaboratively with various functions and cross functional teams globally while delivering cost-effective implementation that exceeds stakeholder expectations.
What Will You Do?
- Configuration of Workday core HCM functionalities, including business process definitions, core rules, components and workflows to meet business requirements
- Configuration of Workday s Career, Talent and Performance modules including eligibility rules, workflows, templates, ratings, , overtime rules, and related earnings for payroll interface
- Analyse and document business processes within the existing Human Capital Management (HCM) system (Workday)
- Prototype/review system functionality with customers and identify gaps
- Consult on security role changes within the HCM application in support of the functional domains for which the role has accountability
- Develop test procedures, test scenarios, and test cases, execute test scripts, and document and communicate the results
- Interact and communicate with project team members to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of system updates and modifications into production
- Liaise with business users to analyse business functional requirements and evaluate HR system functionality to meet business needs
- Solve tier 3 helpdesk cases and provide answers/ solutions for the implemented HR system functions
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to both developers and the project team at large
- Assess impact of change requests and provide work estimates
How Will You Get Here?
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Minimum of 7+ years of Tier 1 Human Capital Management (HCM) system(s) and developing and configuring HR applications such as Personnel Administration, Organization Management, Performance Management, Talent Management, and other HR capabilities (Compensation Management, Absence Management, Time Management, Benefits, Learning Management)
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of Workday HCM system and its Core HCM, Talent & Performance Management modules is preferred, but candidates with equivalent HCM system knowledge and experience in these functional areas will be considered
- In-depth IT experience in support of human resource processes such as employee data management, organizational structure management
- Knowledge of integration points with Kenexa Brassring ATS, Taleo ATS or other applicant tracking systems
- Knowledge of HCM application security and its interdependencies in other areas of the system
- Team-oriented individual who demonstrates initiative and leadership skills; able to work independently in a dynamic, global environment
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and the ability to quickly learn new areas
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Highly self-motivated and directed; ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Logical and efficient; keen attention to detail; high energy/sense of urgency
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Knowledge of systems development cycles and methodologies