Senior IT Auditor (Remote/Hybrid)
New York, Columbus, OH, Remote
WHO ARE WE?
The Business Controls and Audit Team sniffs out everything that “could” go wrong at BARK so our pups don’t have to! We’ve spent years training our noses and are always on the hunt for risks to our operations and/or financials. Our favorite toys are SOX and US GAAP and luckily they let us play with these daily. We’re known around these parts as the high-energy pack that chases risk to the end of the yard until we’ve dug up the right toys, I mean tools, to address them.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Are you a highly motivated, independent, self-starter with a sharp eye for detail? Then come join the growing team at BARK as a Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor. The ideal candidate has proven experience in testing and evaluating Information Technology General Computing (ITGC) controls and performing and/or leading operational audits over financial and operational systems and processes.
- Design & test operating effectiveness testing of key SOX ITGCs
- Communicate findings to various business leaders (including external auditors)
- Participate in the annual ERM Assessment
- Perform and/or lead financial, operational, SOX and/or other compliance audits
- Identify systems, business, and process improvement opportunities
- Assist in special projects and investigations
- 3+ years IT, or a combination of, audit experience
- Public accounting or consulting experience is preferred, but not required
- System implementation experience is a plus
- A strong understanding of financial, operational, and ITGC risks
- E-commerce/consumer product experience highly preferred
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, and/or CPA Certification
- Strong understanding of audit planning techniques and methods used to review and evaluate information systems, APIs, and data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues and connect the dots across multiple areas
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage confidently and assuredly with stakeholders across the organization.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site in any of our BARK offices as well as open to remote. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs — we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we’ve shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.