Sr Mgr Enterprise Workforce Planning – 90343751 – (Remote Option)
Location: N/A, US
Your success is a train ride away!
As we move America’s workforce toward the future, Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority, and the success of our railroad is due to our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Our values of ‘Do the Right Thing, Excel Together and Put Customers First’ are at the heart of what matters most to us, and our Core Capabilities, ‘Building Trust, Accountability, Effective Communication, Customer Focus, and Proactive Safety & Security’ are what every employee needs to know and do to be most impactful at Amtrak. By living the Amtrak values, focusing on our capabilities, and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Sr. Manager of Workforce Planning has overall responsibility and oversight of workforce planning for all of Amtrak’s internal corporate functions. This role will lead a team to help oversee the entire strategic and operational workforce planning forecast and budget.
This position will partner and liaison with Amtrak’s corporate functions to create a systematic, comprehensive, multi-year strategic workforce forecast to align to respective department’s objectives. This role will communicate a deep understanding of current-state internal workforce and future-state human resource needs across all Amtrak’s corporate functions.
In addition to the strategic multi-year forecast, this position will be responsible for operational workforce planning and monitoring each departments progress on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis with variance analysis to identify workforce risks and solutions to fill gaps. Moreover, this position will collaborate with internal and external partners to develop reports, presentations, dashboards and support the Data Analytics, Technology and Procurement teams.
- Manage overall efforts for forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing multi-year strategic workforce planning for Amtrak’s corporate functions
- Develop, define, and track overall workforce metrics and human resource needs to align Amtrak’s business strategy with people strategy for both short-and-long term
- Successfully aggregate, organize, interpret, present, and communicate data-driven workforce strategies, trends, and insights across Amtrak’s corporate functions
- Lead cross functional, collaborative, and effective communication between multiple departments across the organization
- Serve as a reliable and trusted advisor to leaders across the organization on workforce planning initiatives and activities
- Thoughtful analysis to implement and/or improve scalable workforce planning tools, technology, and/or processes
- Manage, train, coach, and support junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or business with 10+ years of applicable experience
- Extensive experience working with workforce planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Previous experience working in finance, management consulting, business strategy or related field
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams in a dynamic, multifaceted environment while maintaining professionalism
- Strategic, analytical, operational, and problem-solving skills to interpret key insights from data and outline solutions/recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and presentation skills, with the capacity to articulate complex messages to diverse stakeholders
- Expert in financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting
- Experience with building, leading, and growing teams
- Working with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint (e.g., modeling, forecasting, charts, graphs)
- Comfort and experience with data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBi)
- Experience building leadership presentations
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function: Human Capital
Relocation Offered: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%