Senior Manager, IT Audit
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that’s transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
The Senior Manager, IT Audit will take a lead role in planning, organizing, and executing information security and SOX IT audits with guidance from the Head of Internal Audit. In this role, you will be a truly collaborative partner, with opportunity to bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your IA team and internal clients.
You will help the Head of Internal Audit further refine the vision of the function and develop a roadmap for expanding team digital capabilities, including taking a leadership role in expanding the use of information systems and technologies; increasing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit activities; provide strategic assistance in the development of integrated systems/processes designed to help manage, and monitor potential areas of risk. You will build and develop an IT internal audit function and assist the Head of Internal Audit in providing assessment, assurance, and advisory support of key enterprise, compliance and general IT SOX risks. As the team matures, you will help bring automation, transformation and data analysis not only to internal audit activities but also as recommendations to functional and IT leaders in the Company.
You demonstrate strong ability and deep experience in IT SOX compliance and operational information security audits, together with relationship building and communication skills. Managing Internal Audit activities requires leading team members with a high level of initiative, providing clear direction and coaching, holding others accountable, managing projects effectively, communicating with business owners and developing and maintaining strong business relationships. In this role, you’ll provide risk insights to and collaborate with business owners across the enterprise. You have a can do attitude, a strong desire to step out of the comfort zone and learn new technology and business requirements, and grow to become a true risk and control adviser and an effective team lead. As the IT audit function is at an early stage, this role starts as a hands-on role.
Internal Audit Projects
- Participates in enterprise risk assessment and help draft the annual internal audit plan
- Leads and supervises risk assessments, scoping, planning, and field work activities for a variety of IT, cyber and compliance internal audit projects and annual SOX IT audit
- Leads a team of audit resources (internal and/or external) to execute audit fieldwork (SOX IT controls, compliance and cyber audits) and ensures audit conclusions are well documented and supported and makes improvement recommendations to management where applicable
- Coordinates with external auditors in SOX 404 and financial statement audits
- Drafts clear and meaningful findings, high quality audit reports, project status reports, presentations, and other materials for Sr. Management and the Board
- Leads business partners in tracking internal audit observations to resolutions
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured situations
Internal Audit Program
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans and objectives
- Participate in initiatives in streamlining internal audit operations (e.g., internal audit automation, tool implementation, etc.)
- Proactively identify opportunities for audit process automation through use of analytics and robotics process automation
Relationship Building and Management
- Builds collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners, management, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Interacts regularly with management and clearly communicate and articulate valuable business insights
- Bachelor’s degrees in Information System Management, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or related fields
- 7-10 years of experience in technology internal audit, SOX IT control testing, cybersecurity audit
- Experience in a Big 4 auditing firms and exposure to the Technology Industry is preferable
- One or more relevant professional certifications preferred (CISA, CISM, CISSP, etc.)
- Strong understanding of IT, engineering processes and cloud operational environment
- Familiarity with Oracle Fusion preferred
- Familiarity with analytics/robotics process automation
- Open to learn new technology, and adapt to new processes
- Ability to recognize risks and business concerns of the company as a whole
- Ability to manage conflicting objectives, groups, and individuals across functions or organizations
- Have a sense of urgency and be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills and ability to handle multi-projects with prioritization
- Highly detail oriented, with a strong propensity for high quality work product
- Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams
- Ability, competence, and confidence to lead people
- IT, engineering or cloud operation experience is a plus
- Some travel may be required
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)