Senior Manager, Social Strategy
Las Vegas Office
Welcome! You made it to the job description page!
At Zappos, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. So be sure to check on whether you’re aligned with our company values and culture. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Zappos family, then check out the job description below!
Company Culture is at Our Core
Our 10 Core Values are more than just words, they’re a way of life. We know that companies with a strong culture & a higher purpose perform better in the long run.
Do our values speak to you?
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
We Focus on Four C’s
Commerce (the “E” kind in our case)
Zappos continues to transform and grow. Ensuring the four C’s remain top of mind in everyone’s day-to-day means delivering happiness and WOW in the long-term to customers, as well as employees, vendors, shareholders and the community, in a sustainable way.
It’s also part of our core culture to offer shoppers more styles and variety, while reimagining ways to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and serve our communities near and far.
Company Perks: Quick Reference
- A generous Zapponian discount program.
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
- Zappos pays 100% of every employee’s medical, dental, and vision.
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
- Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
- Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
Zapponian [noun| employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective| not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun| the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun| a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun| you’re a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for a social strategist with strong consumer retail experience to drive social strategy for Zappos. As a key member of a cross-functional team, they will work closely with content, paid media, influencer, pubic relations, and analytics teams, advocating and educating on the power of social to influence Zappos customer perceptions and behaviors.
They should have a fluency in social culture and ideas and a track record of pushing new ways for brands to show up in social channels. They should have a deep understanding of social insights, trends, platforms, and behaviors — and the ability to communicate them in simple and impactful ways. Most importantly, they should believe in our Core Values and be excited to build fandom with our passionate customers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead the social strategies for Zappos’ social ecosystem, prioritizing Meta and TikTok strategies aimed at driving engagement, click-thru, and revenue.
- Originate social activation briefs based on brand or campaign briefs, marrying product knowledge and cultural and consumer truths with a deep working knowledge of the social landscape.
- Develop content pillars and direction that attract new followers and reach high views, impressions, and click-thrus by creating authentic brand connections with cultural trends.
- Partner with the content team to create content calendars and posting priorities that accelerate commercial growth.
- Actively monitor and report on social performance translating data and analytics into actional suggestions.
- Collaborate with social, paid media, and influencer leads to ensure holistic campaigns that influence customer awareness and behaviors.
- Identify key learnings that can help inform specific creative ideation and campaign planning across social and digital platforms in owned, earned, and paid media.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- At least five (5) years of experience at a social agency or in-house social content team, preferably with a background in promoting consumer and/or e-commerce brands.
- Solid experience using Emplifi.
- Solid experience using Brandwatch.
- Solid experience using Tableau.
- Demonstrated success with social media platforms, including a portfolio of campaigns for Instagram and TikTok.
- Intimate knowledge of successfully managing a brand’s organic social presence by understanding the role of platform, its capabilities, and metrics.
- Eagerness to bring a creative and analytical approach to achieving our social strategy goals.
Zappos is committed to help foster an environment where we can celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person’s individuality so that people can bring their whole selves to work. In order to ensure that we are considering the needs of all of our employees and building a more inclusive Zappos, we ask that you take a few minutes to update your details, even if you select “Prefer not to say” on some questions.