Title: Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Location: United States – Remote
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to help shape DoorDash’s financial reporting infrastructure and join our growing accounting team. Our team understands our business, researches and prepares accounting memos in concluding the appropriate accounting for various business transactions, provides accounting guidance and suggestions to business teams in managing business relationships and better negotiating deals. M&A transactions, business combination, segment reporting, investments, lease accounting, equity transactions including warrant agreements are some key projects our team is focusing on.
About the Role
You will report to the Director of Technical Accounting on our Accounting team. Once our offices reopen, this role can be performed 100% remotely or hybrid with some in-office depending on individual preference.
You will work closely with the Accounting team directors and cross-functional team business leaders to understand and research the appropriate accounting for diverse transactions. You will manage the auditors’ (external and internal) expectation in clearing any concern and assessing the proper accounting for the financial statements and any control implications. You will be one of the masterminds behind the published financial information.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Research relevant accounting literature and provide technical memos and guidance to ensure that DoorDash is accounting for any changes following U.S. GAAP guidelines.
- Provide technical accounting guidance for other projects, such as segment reporting, hedge accounting, investments, business combinations, equity instruments, lease accounting, among others.
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and internal business partners.
- Partner with the Financial Accounting team and essential collaborators to ensure accounting procedures are documented, updated when needed, accessible and compliant with the U.S. GAAP.
- Ensure compliance with procedures observing SOX requirements. Also, collaborate with both internal and external auditors on the coordination of SOX testing, and ensure the resolution and remediation of any issues identified.
- Assist with multiple other projects, including those related to SOX such as the implementation of control flowcharts, or other new system implementations that impact SOX or SEC reporting.
- Support the preparation/review of periodic accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Assist the review of disclosures and workings associated with SEC filings. These include Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and others. Ensure all of those filings comply with SEC and U.S. GAAP requirements, including XBRL tagging if applicable.
- Special projects as needed.
We’re excited about you because
- 9+ years of recent financial accounting experience with an ecommerce retail, consumer, or data-driven sector
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Extensive experience in technical accounting research and preparation of technical accounting memos
- CPA licensed in California with 6+ years public accounting experience (Big 4 is a plus)
- Experience leading teams and managing cross-functional projects
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, implementation and maintenance of internal controls
- Industry experience from pre-IPO through IPO experience preferred
- International accounting and intercompany/consolidations and FP&A experience preferred
- Month-end close and Netsuite experience preferred
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.