Senior Operations Analyst
locations – Remote – US
time type – Full time
job requisition id -JR4419
We are DraftKings. We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
As a member of the Global Technology Operations Team, the Analyst shares responsibility for the building and management of a thriving global engineering organization. You will be responsible for making improvements to processes and reporting around communication, staffing, and operational insights of DraftKings’s Engineering. This is a cross-functional technical role that requires superior internal employee service, analytical thinking, communication skills, and a general understanding of Engineering. This role provides a tremendous opportunity to transform and enhance our Engineering Operations and to influence a rapidly growing company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS ANALYST:
- Assist in strategic planning for improvements to communication, staffing, and budgeting for DraftKings Engineering.
- Serve as cross-functional resource to business teams to help support the development of new or improved engineering processes.
- Support the CTO leadership team by facilitating operational processes and aligning cross-functional stakeholders to business outcomes.
- Build a program to allow engineering leadership to identify waste and match engineering capacity of our software and infrastructure with business and engineering demand.
- Interface with and assist in preparing ad-hoc analysis requests from engineering senior management and functions outside of engineering (Finance, HR, Product).
- Defending process improvement recommendations with data and evidence-based analysis.
- Maintaining and keeping up-to-date Engineering Operations documentation.
- Maintain and enforce reporting strategy and procedures. Must feel comfortable building and troubleshooting calculated fields in Excel orGoogle sheets.
- Provide troubleshooting, configuration, and mass data load support to Engineering leadership during rollout and testing of new engineering processes.
- Provide workshops, documentation, and live (or recorded) training to engineering staff and cross-functional business partners for new processes around communication, staffing, operational insights.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and processes for internal reporting and analysis, including the development and maintenance of a reporting dashboard for senior management.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Engineering, Business Analytics or a related field preferred
- Strong analytical skills including problem-solving, attention to detail, and clear communication of complex results
- Strong communication skills and collaborative work style to work across teams to efficiently drive results and impact
- Excellent Excel, modeling, storytelling, and presentation skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Software Engineering field (including Software Development Lifecycle, Cloud Infrastructure, CAPEX).
- Experience with AWS Cost Management is a plus
- Comfortable in fast-paced, results-driven environment
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.