Senior Operations and Compliance Manager
at Clipboard Health
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
The Senior Operations and Compliance Manager is vital in the management, strategic vision, and compliance for our documents team. This role is responsible for crafting the compliance policies surrounding healthcare professional credentials across the country. This individual should be comfortable sitting at the head of a large department, and ensuring the Clipboard Health marketplace is filled with credentialed and qualified healthcare professionals.
- Management of a large team responsible for verifying HCP documents and credentials
- Proactively searching and tracking relevant state requirements and updating internal policies as needed
- Crafting policies and procedures for HCP onboarding and facility requirements
- Creating education, training materials for documents specialists
- Responding to a high volume of daily email and verbal requests;
- Monitoring HCP documents to ensure compliance with Policies and Procedures;
- Meet regularly with leadership to report high level team metrics and updates
- Work cross functionally with product to develop documents automations for ease of onboarding
- Developing corrective action plans for problematic issues that may arise.
- Create and deploy system/process improvements and optimization.
- Craft policies relating to HCP credentialing in compliance with relevant state regulatory authorities
- Conduct regular audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations
- Minimize legal risks by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing regulations, recommending new procedures, and complying with legal requirements.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities taking the initiative to investigate possible solutions and take action or propose solutions where the scope of the issue extends beyond the team.
- Produces clear, concise, and thorough analysis of issues. Presents effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of management.
- Manage various vendor relationships
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Individual with 5+ years of professional experience managing direct reports, people managers, and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of industry experience implementing projects and analyzing internal business processes to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Experience working with regulators and third-party auditors
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance preferred.
- Legal experience preferred, JD is a plus
- Multi-state healthcare compliance experience is a plus
- Experience with joint commission certification processes and policies