Job Location US-KY-Lexington
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Paralegal – Franchise. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. We are open to candidates working in 100% remote capacity.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Valvoline operates the Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) franchise system in the United States, the Great Canadian Oil Change (GCOC) franchise system in Canada and offers the Express Care (EC) marketing platform to independent quick lube operators. The VIOC and GCOC franchise systems consist of approximately 900 stores in the aggregate and the Express Care store network consists of approximately 250 stores. The Senior Paralegal – Franchise will report to the Assistant General Counsel (AGC) and will support the VIOC, GCOC and EC store systems as to the following job responsibilities:
- Coordinate annual updates of, and amendments to, the franchise disclosure document (FDD) for the VIOC franchise system; handle state registrations of same
- Manage updates and amendments to the FDD for the GCOC franchise system in conjunction with Canadian outside counsel
- Prepare contracts and documentation relating to the on-boarding of new franchisees for VIOC and GCOC franchise systems; coordinate delivery, signatures and follow-up items for the on-boarding of new VIOC and GCOC franchisees; perform same tasks in connection with the on-boarding of new Express Care operators
- Work with existing VIOC and GCOC franchisees and Express Care operators on amendments, extensions/renewals and cancellation of contracts
- Manage recordkeeping system and coordinate record retention for VIOC and GCOC franchise systems and Express Care store network
- Assist AGC in handling daily legal needs of VIOC and GCOC franchise systems as well as the Express Care store network
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent education
- Minimum of five (5) years of franchise paralegal experience
- Working knowledge of franchise law rules and regulations (including state laws)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong backbone and follow-up skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and function seamlessly as part of a team
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Ten (10) years of franchise paralegal experience, preferably with a large franchise system
- Expert-level knowledge of franchise law rules and regulations (including state laws)
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.