Location: within Europe; 100% Remote (UTC-1 and UTC+3)
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 27 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
As our senior performance marketing manager, you’ll play a key role in building the biggest community of cycling and outdoor enthusiasts around the globe. You will manage the collaboration with our performance marketing agency executing our mobile ad campaigns on Google Ads, Apple Search Ads, and Facebook. You’ll take full ownership over all aspects of our performance marketing, including measurement, budget allocation, and creative strategy. You will also test new channels to further accelerate the growth of komoot, and you can count on the full support of our design, copy, and data teams every step of the way.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Take full responsibility for our performance marketing strategy to drive growth across various channels and in multiple markets around the world.
- Lead and manage the collaboration with our performance marketing agency and their team of performance marketing managers, app store optimization experts, data analysts, designer, and copywriters.
- Ensure successful planning, execution, and optimization of campaigns in different markets and on various ad platforms (Apple Search Ads, Google App Campaigns, Facebook Ads, Google Search Ads, etc.).
- Test new ad networks and innovative formats to further accelerate the growth of komoot.
- Monitor the performance of our apps in the app stores and oversee the app store optimization roadmap.
- Maintain a good relationship with our app store representatives and ensure high visibility through app store features.
- Monitor our KPIs to ensure the budget is spent efficiently across all performance channels to maximize the impact of our performance marketing campaigns.
- Ensure that we can measure the results of our campaigns and team up with our data analysts and client developers to implement event tracking and mobile measurement solutions following the highest data protection standards.
- Align our performance marketing campaigns with our global brand and marketing initiatives.
- Ensure high quality and relevancy of our ad copy and creatives following our brand guidelines.
Why you will love it
- Your work will have a direct impact on building the largest community of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts in the world
- You will be responsible for performance marketing campaigns on different channels and in 30+ countries with significant budgets from day one.
- You can count on the support of a highly committed and skilled team, both in-house and at agency side.
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You get 38 days of annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
- This is a remote role in a fully remote international team. You are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Will it be a beach? The mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn )
You will be successful in this position if you have
- 3+ years experience running paid campaigns for a mobile app with hands-on experience running Apple Search Ads, Google App Campaigns, and mobile social ads as well as Google Search Ads.
- Strong organizational skills to manage projects and campaigns with a large amounts of people from various backgrounds.
- A structured and methodical way of running and optimizing performance marketing campaigns.
- Proven experience in managing a performance marketing team or agency.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to transform data into actionable insights
- Strong knowledge of mobile measurement and tracking solutions ( Adjust, Google Firebase, …).
- A good understanding of attribution models, cohort analyses, and ROI calculation.
- Proven experience with app store optimization.
Some of our Perks
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?