The Cities Alliance is a global partnership promoting the role of cities in poverty reduction and sustainable development. Hosted by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and managed by a Secretariat based in Brussels, the Cities Alliance is a unique partnership with a diverse membership, which is committed to strengthen developmental impacts through improved coherence in urban development. Cities Alliance is a global leader with a strong track record in grant making, that supports strategic city planning, slum upgrading and national policies designed to make cities more inclusive and sustainable. Through UNOPS, the Cities Alliance operates a Multi-Donor Fund supported by an efficient, and flexible grant-making mechanism with a global reach.
The Cities Alliance is now seeking a Senior Philanthropy Engagement Advisor to be responsible for the development and implementation of a new Cities Alliance partnership strategy with the philanthropic universe. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for identifying private foundations, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) as well as Corporation with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes, engage and cultivate those relationships, and lead the development and negotiation of bespoke partnerships and ultimately donations. The role will be outward-facing looking to build and acquire the highest-value philanthropic partnerships for the Cities Alliance.
Private Foundations, HWNI and Philanthropic Corporations Prospects: Identification, Cultivation and Funding:
- Lead the strategy development process for Cities Alliance in engaging with the Philanthropies and mobilise internal and external support for it.
- In line with the organisational values and mandate, identify and develop a realistic prospect list of private Foundations, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) and corporations with philanthropic programmes (CSR) as potential donors to the Cities Alliance.
- Develop cultivation plans for the prospect pipeline in collaboration with Cities Alliance senior management.
- Engage key prospects (private foundations, HNWI, corporations) by leading on targeted events, meetings, missions, and communications, ensuring that all necessary research, due diligence and cultivation plans are implemented.This should be done in close cooperation with the communications and the programme leads.
- Lead the development and negotiation of bespoke partnerships with the identified private foundations, HNWI and corporations. and ultimately donations to the Cities Alliance.
- Explore options to engage private foundations, HNWI and corporations in the governance of the organisation and as ambassador to the mission of the Cities Alliance consistently with the relevant ethical policies.
- Provide senior stewardship for all partner Foundations, HNWI and corporations, sending bespoke updates, including them in all relevant activity and ensuring regular contact with the organisation.
TO VIEW THE FULL VACANCY AND TO APPLY ONLINE PLEASE VISIT: