Title: Senior Product Manager – Ecosystem
Location: Remote, US
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
Our Product team advocates for our local businesses, their customers, and our company. We use creativity, insights, and operational excellence to deliver our product vision. As we scale, there’s plenty of space for you to grow and simplify life for millions of people and local businesses around the world in a team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates products that deliver real value. We value ambition, integrity, and hard work in everything we do. We expect you to employ a growth mindset and push the team to achieve ever-more-ambitious goals.
About the role
As Podium expands to meet the needs of a broader and more specialized business base, it is critical to invest in customizable solutions to achieve unmatched experiences and technical capabilities. The Ecosystem team is focused on building solutions that help our customers tailor their instance of Podium to the specific needs of their business.
We provide industry-specific apps & prebuilt automations to ease the day-to-day burden of running a small business. We offer a Public API to support custom integrations and direct interactions between Podium and our customers critical systems.
This position will require strategic thinking and methodical execution. You will drive ambitious growth metrics and own the details of the solution from deep in the stack of API’s, webhooks, and integrations through the end-user experience.
To accomplish this you will work with our leadership team and business leaders to deliver on the investment strategy. If you’re looking to change the way an industry operates and drive impact at a high-growth company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
What you will do
- Own the success of your product and act as an influential leader within the Ecosystem Pod and Podium at large.
- Develop a forward-thinking vision for your area of the product that is inspiring, innovative, and will push us to grow as a company.
- Define and prioritize key platform automation enhancements, including strategic integrations that address validated customer needs.
- Engage and build relationships with designers, developers, integrators, partners, and customers to identify opportunities to deliver technical guidance and value to better understand how to serve our users.
- Develop a deep understanding of our platform, customer base, industry, and the unique role our ecosystem plays in Podium’s vision.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership partners and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways.
- Inspire both your own team as well as your cross-functional peers and executives in order to build strong partnerships in delivering excellent products and services.
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Podium in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization.
- 5+ years of experience managing platform products, shipping great software, effectively driving prioritization, and identifying and making key tradeoffs.
- Experience as a product manager of technical products, especially developer platforms or products heavily driven by strategic integrations and APIs.
- You have experience leading existing products and starting from scratch.
- You have crafted platform product strategies and can weigh the pros and cons of product decisions from a cross-functional perspective.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- You are data-minded. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact through experimentation.
- Have a desire and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent facilitator and are comfortable leading teams through ideation, research, and the natural ambiguity that occurs when defining new features.
- Supreme knack for bringing simplicity and focus to complex and ambiguous concepts or situations.
- You bring your diverse perspectives and experiences to Podium and help us think about our product and users in unique ways.
- You’re inspired by Podium’s mission and have a passion for building solutions to help our customers.
- Transparent culture
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- One time work from home setup allotment
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.