Title: Senior Product Manager – Search
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is one of the most popular and trafficked websites in the world and is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join the consumer product team to shape the future of the Reddit experience on the Internet. This role will help define and transform Reddit search into a best-in-class experience for millions of customers who are seeking the very best information within the rich conversations on Reddit. This role will partner closely with the relevance engineers, as well as a multi-discipline cross-functional team, to guide the improvement of Reddit’s search safety, quality, and relevance. This is a senior role reporting to the Sr. GPM for Search and ML experiences.
The ideal candidate can draw from a deep analytical understanding of search (full-stack) and ML, operating large products at scale, navigating complex tradeoffs among multiple parties and understanding the overall Reddit community to create and drive a unique product roadmap.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join the key pillar of one of the most important consumer products on the Internet.
- Define and execute on the vision and strategy of Reddit search relevance in order to exceed our consumers’ expectations of safety and quality.
- Leverage your strong analytical skills to dig into data and identify the opportunities that drive the largest impact.
- Own the roadmapping process and define the right OKRs that drive the product forward.
- Partner closely with the Search UX, ranking, and ML teams to align roadmaps and land exceptional experiences.
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders such as Consumer Product and ML teams to define and achieve common goals.
- At least five years of web-scale search product management experience
- Proven experience developing long-term strategies and product roadmaps, setting OKRs, defining, running, and measuring experiments, and working collaboratively with peers from engineering, PM, data science, and other cross-functional teams
- Exceptional analytical skills (along with running SQL queries) as well as problem solving skills with the ability to make complex tradeoffs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to align a diverse set of stakeholders toward a common goal
- Experience managing large amounts of complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Possesses a growth mindset and works in a collaborative manner with all partners
- Experience being scrappy or a self-starter is a plus (e.g. being a start-up founder)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.