Senior Project Manager
United States (Remote)
The senior project manager reports to our Manager, Strategic Projects.
The senior project manager will work independently to drive and ensure delivery of critical projects in partnership with teams across the organization, from start to finish. They’re responsible for developing project plans and timelines, managing efforts across participating groups, and ensuring stakeholders have visibility and appropriate approval of project progression. The senior project manager educates others on the strategic purpose of projects to gain buy-in and team alignment.
The senior project manager has a deep understanding of how Articulate works, including navigating the organization and building strong, collaborative relationships to get projects done. The senior project manager stays one step ahead to mitigate risk, identifying potential project impacts on other teams and complexities independently. They assess conflicting priorities and facilitate positive resolutions of roadblocks. The senior project manager has advanced organizational abilities required to keep cross-functional project teams aligned and in communication.
The senior project manager also engages in strategic planning for the organization, making recommendations to leadership folks on team needs, highlighting resource and staffing growth opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and drive cross-functional projects in support of teams across the organization
- Work independently to identify goals, objectives, success criteria, and business objectives for projects within the organization.
- Define plans for executing critical projects; identify milestones, stakeholders, implications for other work, and impacts on other teams within the organization
- Create and execute all documentation and organizational framework for cross-functional projects
- Navigate project execution across the organization, empowering teams to deliver products, features, business process implementation, internal infrastructure, and more.
- Drive projects to completion, including finding solutions for roadblocks, managing deliverables, and holding team members accountable to their commitments
- Seek project progress and input from project team members and communicate project status across teams
- Facilitate open communication and collaboration within Articulate’s human-centered framework
- Give project stakeholders clear insight on project status, timelines, and potential obstacles; share recommendations and insights to highlight opportunities and resource gaps
- Maintaining Gantt charts that roll up into larger project and program charts
- Proactively communicate with peers and stakeholders on plans, progress, and problems
- Facilitate problem solving when projects hit roadblocks
- Define, collect, and analyze project metrics; derive insights from metrics to improve future project processes
- Lead retros after projects are completed to identify areas for improvement for senior project managers, stakeholders, and project teams
- In addition to your primary project management roles, you’ll join all Articulate team members in building an inclusive, human-centered culture by participating in culture-focused project teams
What you should have:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in project management
- Successful track record of driving project plans and execution in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with technical project management, engineering crews, and/or product leads in shipping new and enhanced business systems, processes, and product features within a SaaS business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively present in group settings and facilitate group discussions
- Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with folks across different teams and at all levels of the organization
- Extreme organizational skills, analytical abilities, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and flawless execution
- Understand how projects connect to the organization’s strategic plan
- Resilient, adaptable, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- Positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, and confident
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.