Senior Project Manager
Salt Lake City
Remote – United States (Excludes: CO, HI, NM)
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay a company you can be proud to be with.
eBay is seeking an experienced Project Manager with a strong project, program and operational background who can manage projects and programs sponsored by Global Customer Experience (GCX) and/or Marketplaces (MP), to shape great customer experiences and effectively operationalize objectives within GCX.
The Senior Project Manager will partner with sponsors and the broader organization to shape and contribute to the project or program vision managing overall project and program health, leading a team of cross functional individuals to achieve complex objectives while building strong partnerships.
The successful candidate will have strong project, program skills preferably within an agile environment, excellent communication skills and an ability to influence across boundaries, fostering collaboration and relationships.
- Plans for and manages projects and programs with responsibility for leading cross functional teams to achieve often, complex objectives
- Lead and direct overall project and program and assigned resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to plan for and deliver on new concepts for the business
- Provides leadership oversight and has responsibility for developing and managing overall project and program health e.g. schedule, budget, quality, change plan, including developing and maintaining appropriate documentation and risk/issue identification and planning
- Partners with sponsors and the broader organization to help shape and contribute to the project or program vision
- Can effectively navigate the global organization, inside and outside of GCX, including external partners
- Brings a market and customer orientation to all aspects of planning and development
- Can work on detailed cases from early concept through execution
- Works autonomously whilst ensuring appropriate transparency with partners
- Effectively communicates complex strategies to others, interfacing at different levels
- Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action
- Can synthesize information from multiple sources and use it for effective decision making
- Fosters growth and innovation in others
- Comfortable managing complexity and ambiguity and can help others in this regard
- Education: Bachelors Degree, or equivalent
- Demonstrated track record of leading complex change
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to complex business problems
- Experienced at working on detailed cases from early concept through execution and ensuring transparency with stakeholders
- Experience leading cross functional teams across regions, locations, and time zones, preferably in an agile environment
- Experience with senior leadership and ability to deliver executive level summary reports and presentations
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally innovates and working with the unknown
- Makes sound decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations, including when under pressure
- Minimum 8+ years hands on combined project and program experience desired
- 3+ years experience in a large, cross functional organization
- PMP, PRINCE2 or Agile certifications (desired not essential)
Location & Travel:
- Position is based in Salt Lake City, Austin or Remote USA
- Travel requirements will vary with assignments (mainly San Jose, occasional international). Expect 10 – 15% travel.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.