Senior Python Engineer (REMOTE)
- Barcelona, Spain
- Employees can work remotely
- Remote worker, any location: Yes
- People Manager: No
- Contract Type: Permanent
YouGov is an international research data and analytics group.
We help the world’s most recognised brands, media owners and agencies to plan, activate and track better marketing activities. As pioneers of online market research, we have been building an ever-growing source of consumer data for the past twenty years. Creating the richest and most complete understanding of your customers’ complex lives. We call it living data.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do. Unlike our competitors, we understand how opinions and trends change from day-to-day, week-to-week and year-to-year. That’s why we have built a platform that gets you right to the source for reliable, accurate data that reflects the reality of a complicated world. Imagine if you could know what 17 million+ people in over 55 markets were thinking now? Or last week? And do so again and again? That’s why we’re different.
Rather than commissioned research that’s already out-of-date by the time it reaches someone’s inbox, our data is alive. So, no matter how quickly things change, our clients are always in the know.
YouGov. Living Consumer Intelligence.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
Supporting the wellbeing of our staff, including maintaining a good work and life balance, is important to us. We support flexible working arrangements where appropriate for a role, with many locations offering a hybrid office-and-remote working approach.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.
We are actively looking for a talented Senior Python Engineer to lead developing a modern Digital payment system and a next generation account management system. These green-field projects will integrate the latest technologies across multiple platforms. You would be responsible to analyze, design and develop robust and highly-secured applications in Python and also arrange integration and prepare auto-test cases to ensure the stability of the platform.
The Senior Python Engineer will report to the Senior Engineering Manager and interact regularly with engineers in other teams around the world. The right candidate should be self-sufficient and be capable of rolling their sleeves up to deliver a best-in-class solution.
- Considerable expertise of the best practice on secure software development and handling of sensitive data
- Extensive knowledge with authentication techniques such as single-sign-on and protocols such as OAuth2.0
- Well-established experience in all phases of development requirement gathering, system design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance, of enterprise-wide application systems
- Solid hands-on experience in Python and web services development
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver first-class solutions with the committed deadlines
Our Tech Stack:
Python 3.7+, Flask, Django, Celery, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS and much, much more
What do I need to bring with me?
Demonstrated knowledge and experience:
- A true passion for technology and Python
- Hands-on experience in digital payment development
- Sound experience of test-driven development
Technical skills and qualifications
- 7+ Years’ experience with using Python
- Good understanding of both SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge with Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on Django, Flask or similar micro-framework
We offer some brilliant benefits and perks at YouGov, some of which include:
- Flexible/remote working
- LinkedIn Learning – we’re big on learning, so all YouGovers have first-hand access to the vast number of courses available on the platform
- Pension Scheme contributions from YouGov
- Medical Insurance
- …plus much more!
To find out how we collect and use your personal data when you apply for a role at YouGov, please read our privacy notice at https://jobs.yougov.com/privacy