Location: Within Europe; 100% Remote
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have numerous times listed us as one of their Apps of the Year!
Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
But it’s not just our users who love komoot. We’ve also got a well-established natively integrated ad format – Sponsored Collections – leveraged by hundreds of happy B2B partners. The format is mainly used by tourism partners but is rapidly being adopted by other industries.
About the role
Cold calling, lead generation, account management. The word “sales” and everything it entails is music to your ears! You love the feeling of closing the deal – searching for new leads and helping them see the value in your product is all part of the fun! Komoot is growing, and now we’re looking for a senior sales & partnership manager in Germany to join Max, Oliver, Diane, and Iris – our small but effective partnership and sales team – on their mission to generate and acquire new B2B leads and scale our native ads sales.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
Sales lead generation and acquisition:
- Drive lead generation and acquisition with full control over your sales activities to ensure our common sales and revenue goals are reached
- Use traditional and digital channels or find new, creative ways to feed the sales funnel
- Sell targeted Sponsored Collections – komoot’s native ads – to tourism destinations, transport companies, and other players in the outdoor industry
- You look after our customers from the tourism sector in Germany, both in digitally supported day-to-day business and on-site.
- You are familiar with selling complex products with a long-term lifespan.
- Ideally, you bring industry-specific relationship networks with you
- Monitor the market and competition and keep an eye on relevant e-commerce KPIs through regular reporting
- Work closely with the Brand/Editorial team to deliver tailor-made content to your partners
- Manage a portfolio of B2B partners and support them with campaign planning and execution
- Make your partners successful on komoot by onboarding them with our beloved academy
- Drive performance-optimization efforts and ensure our B2B partners are getting the best value possible
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a genuinely inspiring product that changes the way people explore the outdoors.
- You’ll team up with Max, Oliver, Diane, and Iris – a dynamic team constantly looking for unique ways to reach their sales goals as a team. In their own words: “not your typical sales team.”
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You will become a part of a fully remote, diverse, and international komoot team. That is, 90 smart, inspiring, and fun-loving humans with a wide range of backgrounds.
- This is a fully remote role, and you are free to work from any location between the UTC-1 to UTC 3 timezone. Will it be on the beach? The mountains? Your house or a co-working space of your choice (covered by us)? Or maybe our HQ is situated by the lake in Potsdam, Germany?
- You’ll travel together with our team to unique outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, and learnings and go for hikes and rides. Check out these videos to find out more about us (https://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
You will be successful in this position if
- You have 5+ years of sales experience working with a community-oriented tech product.
- You have the flexibility and skills to handle everything from small to very complex deals and account management and optimize our partner’s success on komoot.
- Cold calling is a breeze and sales is in your DNA.
- You speak German and English on a native/business fluent level.
- Words like CTR, CPC, bounce or interaction rates mean something to you. You have solid experience setting up and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.
- You like working in a team – lone wolves won’t enjoy this environment.
- Ideally, you are well connected in the tourism sector and have a strong network of contacts (e.g. from your current role, agency, etc.).
- A driving license is required as you will attend some sales tours (when the situation is safe).
- Bonus points: Digital tech sales experience; Fluency in French, Italian, Spanish or Dutch.
Some of our Perks
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – your choice!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work
Curious to find out more?
- More about our team and our values here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs
- More about how we work here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process#how-we-work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone.
We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants. We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online, it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?