Senior Social Media & Content Manager (FTC)
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Social Media & Content Manager will work closely with the Content Director to implement our global social media and content strategies. They will oversee management and performance of global social channels and report against team objectives. They will manage the global social media advertising budget and oversee paid advertising campaigns.
The role manages our Social Media Analytics and Advertising Co-ordinator, ensuring that data is at the heart of our content planning and delivery.
They will also work with country teams in other ONE offices to develop and implement social media strategies to enable country teams to achieve their goals.
The ideal candidate will be creative and passionate about using social media channels to support campaigning work and engaging supporters online. They will thrive in a work environment that supports innovation and collaborative work with team members and colleagues around the globe. They will have strong experience of managing projects, together with a track record of working within a communications, marketing, advocacy or campaigning environment.
This is a fixed term contract reporting directly to the Content Director. The role can be based in any country where ONE has an office. Flexible and remote working options are available.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Advise and/or supervise content specialists in the creation, planning, coordination and publishing of social content
- Advance ONE’s content output to engage new and existing supporters.
- Liaise with colleagues in ONE’s country offices to integrate and promote their social media strategies.
- Manage projects from initiation to completion; including overseeing budgets.
- Collaborate with the Brand team, Associate Editorial Director, and Campaigns managers to develop social content.
- Line manage the Social Media Analytics & Advertising Coordinator; including running paid advertising campaigns and data reports on content performance.
- Work with Engagement & Mobilization teams to seek digital opportunities to deliver ONE’s supporter engagement strategy.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging social media ideas and technologies providing insights for the Content Director and developing tactics to implement them into ONE’s content strategies.
- Provide digital leadership to colleagues around the organization to transfer and develop digital skills.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- 4+ years’ relevant professional experience required.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of digital content and social media.
- Experience integrating paid advertising strategies to support campaigns.
- Experience managing full time staff and freelancers.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly skilled at using data and insights to define, review and analyze campaigns to understand their success. The ability to link social campaign outcomes to strategic goals and objectives.
- Experience of using social media management tools such as Buffer, Brandwatch, Facebook Business Manager, or similar.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work and live in a location where ONE has an office is required.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global organization.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills.
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations.
- Independent problem solver, action oriented and results focused.
- Ability to work in the country you are applying
Fluency in English required.
Flexible and remote working options are available.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email firstname.lastname@example.org). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.