Senior Software Engineer – Data infrastructure
San Francisco, CA or Remote (U.S.)
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine’s largest network in the United States, there’s an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don’t take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity’s core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
Our data teams schedule over 1000 Python pipelines and over 350 Spark pipelines every 24 hours, resulting in over 5000 data processing tasks each day. Additionally, our data endeavors leverage datasets ranging in size from a few hundred rows to a few hundred billion rows. The Doximity data teams rely heavily on Python3, Airflow, Spark, MySQL, and Snowflake. To support this large undertaking, the data infrastructure team uses AWS, Terraform, and Docker to manage a high-performing and horizontally scalable data stack. The data infrastructure team is responsible for enabling and empowering the data analysts, machine learning engineers, and data engineers at Doximity. We provide and evolve a foundation on which to build, and ensure that incidental complexities melt into our abstractions. Doximity has worked as a distributed team for a long time; pre-pandemic, Doximity was already about 65% distributed.
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here’s How You Will Make an Impact
As a data infrastructure engineer you will work with the rest of the data infrastructure team to design, architect, implement, and support data infrastructure, systems, and processes impacting all other data teams at Doximity. You will solidify our CI/CD pipelines, reduce production impacting issues and improve monitoring and logging. You will support and train data analysts, machine learning engineers, and data engineers on new or improved data infrastructure systems and processes. A key responsibility is to encourage data best-practices through code by continuing the development of our internal data frameworks and libraries. Also, it is your responsibility to identify and address performance, scaling, or resource issues before they impact our product. You will spearhead, plan, and carry out the implementation of solutions while self-managing your time and focus.
- You are fluent in Python development, using its common toolchains (Pip, PyPI, Pyenv, & Virtualenv), and Bash.
- You have operational experience supporting data platforms and pipelines using the following: AWS, Docker, and continuous integration workflows.
- You possess advanced knowledge of Linux & Git and feel at home in a remote Linux server session over SSH.
- You have experience operating and using many of these AWS Services via Boto3 and the AWS CLI: EMR, IAM, KMS, Lambda, RDS Aurora MySQL, S3.
- You might have experience with languages and systems such as: Airflow, Ansible, CircleCI, Github, JupyterHub, Kubernetes, MySQL, Poetry, AWS SageMaker, Snowflake, Spark, SQL, Terraform.
- You have professional operations or data engineering experience, with a focus on infrastructure supporting data processing pipelines and lifecycles.
- You are foremost an engineer, which means you are passionate about delivering high-quality, well-tested code that is documented and easy for your teammates to understand.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team.
- You have an understanding of problem-solving and troubleshooting techniques.
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional engineering solutions.
- You are user experience and product focused. You build solutions while thinking about the impact it has on our users and enhances the product.
Why you want to work here/Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Family building support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Wellness benefits…plus many more!