Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Imagine a world dedicated to Security without Compromise. Synack, headquartered in Silicon Valley, protects leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
At Synack, we aren’t afraid to think outside the box or take on big challenges. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack’s mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
Are you ready to leverage your software development skills to build a platform that is transforming cybersecurity? As a Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack you will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative team developing our cybersecurity platforms. You will be a critical contributor to the development of the system while implementing engineering best practices. If you enjoy pivoting between different problems and meeting new challenges every day while developing a solution that is mission critical to the organization, this role is for you! Sounds interesting? Keep reading…
Here’s what you’ll do
- Build high-performance, resilient, scalable cloud-based software, utilizing microservices architecture and containers
- Work with the product team to understand the high level vision of the requirements, and implement a delightful user experience for the researchers and customers
- Develop software on our stack that is primarily written in Ruby on Rails, Go, and ReactJS and Redux
- Communicate effectively with the team and participate in design and code reviews
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with willingness to mentor peers and drive product development
Here’s what you’ll need
- 7+ years designing and building dynamic production solutions
- 3+ years in a Ruby on Rail or Go environmentif you don’t know Golang, you can learn it here!
- Experience with queue and messaging solutions such as PubSub/Kafka
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Design and UX sensitivityyou keep user experience top of mind as you code
- Experience with testing tools such as Jest, Enzyme, Cypress; and knowledge of unit and integration tests
- Understanding of various database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience working with cloud hosted environments (GCP is a plus)