Title: Senior Software Engineer – Java
Category: Technology, Remote
JobType: 1st Shift
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working to develop and deliver web and mobile banking applications in a Digital first transformative team. You will use your technical expertise, inquisitive mind and thirst for innovation to deliver solutions and enhance the experience for customers of Citizens Consumer Bank. Your varied experience and knowledge of cloud native and hybrid applications, modern architectural patterns, programming languages and frameworks will enable you to lead the delivery of cutting edge solutions with speed and quality.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing technology solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Participating in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Contributing insight from prior experiences when considering design specifications, considering the goals of the consumer-facing product.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a proven record of successfully launching commercial products
- 3+ years of experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs and developing efficient implementations
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with NodeJS and popular Node frameworks
- Hands on experience with Java, Spring, SpringBoot
- Working knowledge of front end frameworks such as Angular, React or similar.
- Good understanding of security protocols such as OAuth SAML and experience Implementing technology security policies, processes and procedures to proactively protect, monitor, investigate and resolve threats to a secure user environment and company assets.
- Experience delivering and supporting containerized solutions using Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Experience with CICD pipeline (Jenkins or equivalent, Git, Bitbucket, Nexus etc.), SDLC and Site Reliability Engineering processes
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB or similar
- Understand data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
- Bash and Linux experience
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline required
- Preferred: Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect or Developer
- * This role is not available in Colorado.