Title: Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care.
Kindbody’s clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 100 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
Kindbody has raised $154 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures. Visit www.kindbody.com. and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
About the Role
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a full time remote position.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Vue.js: integrated within our full stack Rails apps to improve our user experience
- React, TypeScript, React Native
- GraphQL, Apollio
- Sidekiq, Redis: queueing and scheduled jobs, caching
- Rspec, Rubocop: testing and code quality
- Work on back end and front end code to maintain and enhance the application
- Be tasked with a broad spectrum of work ranging from traditional feature development to performance improvements, to third party integrations, to experimenting with new technologies to address challenging healthcare problems.
- Write Ruby code to build external-facing RESTful APIs and internal GraphQL APIs.
- Work with product designs to create modern, responsive new features.
- Partner with product management, operations, and support to address ongoing product issues and enhancements.
- Collaborate with lead engineers to establish architecture foundation to scale our products
- Create internal tools to enable the business to manage our products.
- Collaborate with BI / reporting team to build data platforms for analytics purposes.
- Participate in security audit and improvements
Attributes / Personal Skill
- Own it. Take technical responsibility for a family of systems – be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement to keep our production systems scaling and performing fast
- Speak up! Contribute to the conversation concerning sprints and deliverables
- Get involved. Design and architect systems that can span multiple teams and/or products
- Be thoughtful. Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to build useful, relevant, dependable solutions
- Think critically. Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our patients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to dive in, go with the flow, prioritize, and support the needs of a rapidly growing startup!
- Be curious! Actively contribute to the adoption of strong architecture, best practices, and new technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of developing code in Ruby on Rails and tests in Rspec
- Experience building production APIs in REST or GraphQL (or both!)
- Familiarity with JIRA and Github
- Experience with relational databases & SQL queries, e.g. Postgres
- Familiarity with React is a plus
- Empathy and patience providing support to all levels of tech literacy
- Experience building HIPAA-compliant software preferred
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company. As this is a remote position, the requirement would not apply.
Please note that Kindbody interview requests and job offers only originate from an @kindbody.com email address. Kindbody will also never ask for bank account information (including routing or account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. Always reference our career site, careers at kindbody, to see if the position that you are applying to is legitimate. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Kindbody please notify us at email@example.com.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.