Title: Senior Technical Project Manager (MetaMask Snaps Team)
Location: CANADA – Remote, EMEA – Remote, LATAM – Remote, UNITED STATES – Remote
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Team
About the MetaMask Snaps Team
MetaMask Snaps is the next phase in MetaMask’s evolution. Currently available via MetaMask Flask, our developer preview build, it allows MetaMask, our partners, and the entire web3 community to add radical new functionality to MetaMask.
Install MetaMask Flask and check out live examples like Bitcoin, Filecoin, and a password manager. We aim to make adding entirely new networks and use cases as easy as it is to write a Dapp today.
Watch our tech talks at ETHDenver and ETHRio and get a feel for the excitement and possibilities of MetaMask Snaps.
About the Role
We are looking for a collaborative and supportive Senior Technical Project Manager to be part of the MetaMask Snaps team and support building functionality as part of executing the team’s roadmap. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that our teams perform as highly as possible, and in service to our mission and values.
What you’ll do:
- Help ensure that we ship at a healthy cadence.
- Manage risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies between teams and projects, both internal and external, particularly in planning and tracking of versioned releases with complex interdependencies.
- Support and collaborate closely with Snaps management team (Lead Engineer, Product Manager, EngineeringGeneral Manager) in defining timelines and prioritizations.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and lead their implementation, to improve development velocity, team member happiness and product quality for end users.
- Advocate for our engineers and designers, shielding them from distractions.
- Facilitate relationships and communication between the product team and stakeholders across MetaMask and ConsenSys.
Who we’re looking for:
- Working experience as a developer, or 2+ years of experience working directly with developers as a product manager or project manager in the technology field.
- Extensive experience leading, coordinating, and facilitating software teams and sprints.
- Deep working Agile experience with a proven track record of shipping delightful products.
- Strong organization and documentation skills and an ability to gather requirements, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Adaptable to meet team members where they are at.
- Guide team members in adopting processes in ways that meet their unique needs iteratively.
- Comfortable with product ownership and decision-making, in collaboration with Snaps management team.
- Comfortable with using Github.
- Familiar with blockchain products, and an eagerness to learn more.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm Pacific time or Eastern time or Western Europe time, with core hours being 9am-1pm Pacific time. You should be online and able to have synchronous meetings during that time.
- Working experience in web3 development (developed dApps, coded in Solidity, etc)
- Familiar working level with Zenhub
- You’re a practicing Scrum Master and/or Project Manager for the last 3+ years
- You’re a certified Agile practitioner (e.g. CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP, etc)
- You’re a certified PMP
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.