Sr. Technical Writer
job requisition id
OneSource Virtual (OSV) is the Workday partner that has helped more than 1,300 companies with everything from deployment to maintenance to payroll and moreall to make the day more doable. Founded in 2008, OSV pioneered Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and has become the leading provider of automated solutions for organizations of all sizes using Workday, delivering services with unparalleled choices, unwavering commitment, and uncompromising care. OneSource Virtual’s global headquarters is located in Dallas, Texas, with additional locations across North America and Europe. OneSource Virtual: let’s make the day more doable. Find your company’s solution at www.onesourcevirtual.com.
OneSource Virtual is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to support development of our FinTech product line. The ideal candidate likes a mix of hands-on technical writing and strategic thinking. The Senior Technical Writer position is responsible for creating and maintaining high-quality articles, tutorial videos, process flow diagrams, and product UI text to support OSV’s FinTech products, features, and services. This role will also set direction for the team for what we document, how we publish, and what tools we use.
- Interview subject-matter experts to gather information for technical documentation
- Work with Product Managers to develop and review Technical Content
- Create and maintain technical documentation and tutorial videos for customers to support OSV’s products and services
- Respond to internal requests for documentation additions and updates
- Ensure quality, accuracy, consistency, and clarity within our knowledge base documentation, tutorial videos, and more
- Track any updates or changes to OSV’s products and services in our change log and release notes
- Define and advocate for changes to our documentation formats and publishing technologies
- Self-starter with a passion to keep current with trends
- Detail and task oriented
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills (grammar, spelling, sentence structure) and proofreading skills
- Ability to seek, recommend and implement tools and processes continuously to improve our product and documentation
- Ability to accurately estimate timelines required to produce work product
- Strong foundational technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and explain technical concepts to various user profiles
This role will not have supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience defining, writing, and/or editing technical content
- Experience with documentation for technology and software products
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
- Experience with Markdown preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology preferred
- Familiarity with writing English for a global audience
You are encouraged to learn and share ideas when you join the OneSource Virtual team. We reward innovative thinking, fresh perspectives, creative collaboration, and hard work. As an organization experiencing routine strategic growth, we are always on the lookout for intelligent, talented, and forward-thinking professionals to join our team. OSV employees enjoy a values-based culture, upward mobility, and professional development with opportunities of all kinds.