Title: SEO Copywriter
Location: United States – Remote Full-Time
Sonatype is a dynamic and innovative global software company with more than 500 employees. We have been pioneers of modern software development practices, are in hyper-growth mode, and WE ARE HIRING!
Walls don’t make a company great; people do and we have the best. While we have offices in Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom, our growing and talented team lives and works anywhere and everywhere.
We believe great discoveries happen when people from a diverse group of backgrounds learn, grow, and work together to achieve common goals. Our amazing opportunities are available across the globe in our Engineering, Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams. We seek candidates who share our passion for Open Source Technology and offer a creative, collaborative environment where every employee has a voice.
We are seeking an SEO Copywriter to help optimize key parts of our website copy and content for search engine rankings. Working closely with the entire marketing team, this role will have a unique perspective on everything happening across the organization, as they’ll work to balance writing for search engines and writing for people, appealing to and persuading readers. You will be responsible for writing both compelling blog posts and marketing copy for our website and will report directly to our Sr. Manager of Content Marketing. If that sounds like you – keep reading!
What You Will Do:
- Produce a mix of short and long form content that is SEO friendly and optimized for conversion
- Optimizing current website copy (page titles, Meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Partnering with other digital stakeholders to do keyword research and provide feedback on where to focus
- Use digital research tools to identify search trends, and then create content that optimizes search results
- Ensure brand consistency and integrity in copy through tone, voice, and terminology
Who You Are:
- At least 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in SEO, copywriting, and editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of analytics tools like Google and Bing analytics.
- Passion to experiment and generate new ideas on delivering content
Things We Are Proud Of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)