Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
SEO Content Strategy Manager for Digital Marketing Agency
Webtools seeks to add a senior-level content manager/strategist to our team. This is a new position at the company and we are looking for someone who has the leadership skills to help with the following:
- Outline correct processes and protocols for the content strategy department.
- Help identify areas for growth within the team in terms of talent, processes, and structure
- Help hire and onboard freelance copywriters
- Train new content managers as they are hired
Webtools is a fully remote, fast-paced SEO and Digital Marketing Agency that primarily serves American clients in the plastic surgery, aesthetics, and dermatology sectors.
We are a warm and friendly international team of digital marketers, designers, and developers. Our people thrive in challenging situations and are dedicated to helping each other succeed.
We serve primarily American clientele. This means that you must have an excellent level of spoken English and near-perfect written English. You will be required to work during New York (EST) business hours.
About the Position
As the lead content strategy manager, you’ll work closely with our SEO team, project managers, and copywriters to outline and implement content strategy on behalf of our clients.
This is a fast-paced job that will require a mix of strategic planning for our clients and hands-on implementation of the plans (with support of our copywriters). Additionally, we’ll look to you for help in outlining the most efficient way to work with our project managers, clients, and writers.
- Lead the newly-formed content management department. Work with senior management to outline processes and identify efficient ways to work.
- Perform content audits for our clients with a keen eye toward SEO strategy
- Do keyword research and include keywords in content plans
- For large websites with SEO issues, you’ll need to outline how to merge or remove duplicate, low-value content from the site.
- Review all work done by our copywriters and ensure they are properly SEO optimized.
- Create editorial calendars for ongoing content marketing work; propose relevant topics for blogs/videos that can drive traffic/leads for the clients
- Assign, manage, and review tasks for the copywriters.
The Ideal Candidate
- You are passionate and experienced in SEO and content creation and know how to apply best practices to content strategy.
- You have a strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape, including social media, SEO, and web design.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in digital marketing, preferably at the agency level. Experience in the health, beauty, and wellness industry is a plus.
- You are comfortable working alongside senior management and department leads.
- You’re an excellent team player – each day you will work with 20+ people from all over the world (and with varying levels of English), primarily through written communication. You must be able to express yourself well in writing and be comfortable with working with a geographically-distributed team.
- You’re a pro at multitasking and prioritizing important tasks.
- You’re a stickler for detail, but have a need for speed. You care about quality, but can get stuff done quickly
Working Hours & Salary:
- This is a freelance/contractor position, but you’ll be treated as a valuable member of our team.
- We will adapt this position for the RIGHT candidate. We believe this is a full-time position, but are open to someone working 20 – 30 hours if needed.
- Working hours are between 9am – 6pm EST, with some flexibility if needed.
- You will be paid in your local currency, based on USD. Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
- Paid vacation, national holidays, and sick leave.
How to Apply
Due to the large number of applicants, we will only consider candidates who include ALL of the following:
- Cover letter with the following information:
- Why should we hire you? How does your past experience make you the right person for this job?
- Have you helped an agency build out its content offering before? This is not a requirement. If you have not, please explain how your past experience will help you perform this role at Webtools.
- Your salary expectations and desired number of hours per week.
- How soon you can start.
- Your CV / Resume