Location: US Locations; 100% Remote
The Site Reliability Engineer is passionate about automation and how it can be used to support the deployment and hosting of software applications. They will work with developers and team members to support our many software products and are compelled to automate tasks so that they never have to be done manually again. They understand the urgency of reacting quickly to issues but also understand that it is more important to prevent them from happening in the first place. The SRE will be dedicated to ensuring long-term sustainability and operational resilience of our digital assets.
Our Site Reliability Engineer will combine all of the above alongside excellent communication skills, a talent for organization, and an elevated attention to detail.
- Gathering project requirements from stakeholders
- Designing high-level schematics of the infrastructure, tools, and processes needed
- Performing an in-depth analysis of the possible risks and countermeasures for them
- Calculating the potential cost of outages and planning for contingency
- Monitoring the systems in production, analyzing their performance
- Preparing input for infrastructure/tooling/workflow updates across the organization
- Teaching the Dev and Ops teams to follow the guidelines and procedures to minimize the number of errors and incidents
- Educating developers and Ops engineers on SRE best practices to improve IT operations
Things we’re looking for in terms of more specific skill-sets and experience:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Experience managing Kubernetes clusters and applications
- Advanced Linux knowledge
- Understands the principles of system administration, security, policies and “mission critical” data
- Experience in monitoring and improving the performance of large enterprise web applications
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible or Packer
- Strong programming and scripting skills, specifically C# and .NET Core
- In-depth knowledge of version control
- Expert knowledge of Linux OS capabilities
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and best practices
- CI/CD implementation expertise
- Issue troubleshooting experience
Who is ActivEngage?
ActivEngage was established in 2007 as an international software and managed chat provider to the automotive industry. Our diverse team of skilled and driven professionals is united by a shared goal: helping our clients build lasting relationships with their customers. More recently, we have expanded our services to include managed SEO services, digital retailing, reputation management, and so much more. Not only do we provide a service focused on relationships, but we’ve also made it the foundation for how we work as a team, invest in our community, and value our staff.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
ActivEngage is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ActivEngage promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Location: US Locations Only