Title: Social Media and Graphic Design Specialist
Location: US National
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
The Social Media and Graphic Design Specialist will plan, design, and produce a variety of digital communications to reach MiracleFeet’s existing and potential audiences and will create impactful and topical content to communicate impact and drive engagement. S/he will contribute to planning, researching, designing, and creating digital and print content, including social media content, marketing materials, presentations, and other deliverables. This position will report to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications and will be an integral part of a small but mighty team. This is a full-time, exempt position, based either in MiracleFeet’s HQ office in Chapel Hill, NC, or remotely within the United States.
- Manage MiracleFeet’s social media strategy, calendar, and daily account administration
- Reinforce MiracleFeet’s messages and appeals through content planning and creation
- Develop & execute social media campaigns for key days, themes & upcoming editorial content
- Help evolve the voice of MiracleFeet’s brand on social and help position clubfoot in the global health/development conversation.
- Seek regular opportunities to engage with MiracleFeet partners, major foundations, corporate donors, and other organizations on social media and curate up-to-date lists of key accounts. Reply to direct messages.
- Gather insights to inform campaigns and marketing/engagement strategies. Develop and execute strategies to grow social media followers and increase engagement on different platforms for multiple projects/campaigns including tracking engagement/metrics. Work with digital strategy consultant to provide all necessary creative and copy for enhanced Google and Facebook visibility.
- Solicit and curate content from country partners, program staff, and other stakeholders; coordinate critical perspectives/data/inputs to showcase new angles, stories, and coverage of MiracleFeet’s work on digital channels.
- Stay abreast of best practices, tools, resources, trends, and emerging social media strategies
- Work with select ambassadors and influencers on social campaigns to expand MiracleFeet’s audiences and supporters.
Design and digital content creation
- Develop presentations for conferences, board meetings, executive presentations, corporate sponsorship pitches, etc.
- Create custom graphics, icons, charts, etc. for use on MiracleFeet’s digital channels
- Design and update marketing materials and documents in support of fundraising, donor stewardship, and programs initiatives
- Produce email campaigns soliciting content from internal sources, and manage design, review, testing, and sending. Manage email list segmentation, A/B campaigns, and other email targeting tactics
- Update WordPress website as needed (i.e., patient numbers, country stats, news, etc.)
- Coordinate with select vendors and consultants
- Backstop additional team responsibilities as needed.
A successful candidate will:
- Actively participate in creative work planning and strategic discussions
- Demonstrate success in digital storytelling
- Have an in-depth understanding of social media platforms, tools, and analytics related to both organic and paid content planning and knowledge of current and emerging online trends.
- Bring a collaborative and creative approach to assignments, be a self-starter and a data-driven strategic thinker.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
- BA in Marketing, Digital Communications, Graphic Design, or related field of study, or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years of experience in social media content and graphic design or present data analysis of social media platforms
- Experience using social media in a professional setting with knowledge of best practices for writing and publishing on different platforms (especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Experience with Adobe applications and Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written communications and interpersonal skills, and have an eye for great visuals and stellar design
- Experience working in global health, development, and/or non-profit communications preferred
- Demonstrated and documented ability to think creatively and strategically
- A working knowledge of website design and SEO principles is a plus
- Ability to manage time, plan ahead, meet deadlines, and demonstrate excellent judgement
- Fluent in French and/or Spanish is a plus
- We are a growing organization with bold, ambitious goals, and the right fit will be someone who feels at home juggling multiple projects and priorities
Software Skills Desired:
- Social media planning, publishing, and analyzing tools
- Adobe Creative Suite, esp. InDesign and Acrobat
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- MailChimp or similar email service provider
- Salary range $47,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience
- Health insurance provided
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- Optional dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan available; employer match
- Life insurance and disability insurance provided