Social Media Coordinator
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Marketing and Communications
Do you have a talent for spotting emerging trends and news, enjoy creating content, and want to use your talent to make the world a better place? We’re looking for a creative, digital-first storyteller who believes in the power of social media to change the world.
GlobalGiving, a highly-rated nonprofit on a mission to accelerate community-led change around the world, is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our Marketing and Communications team and help elevate our social media channels. The right candidate for this position will share our commitment to supporting community-led organizations in 175+ countries and be excited to elevate their work with compelling content across our social media channels.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative and driven employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and develop our employees for a successful career. If you care about co-creation, curiosity, communication, excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
We are looking for a social media professional to manage the day-to-day operation of our social media channels, and create content that drives engagement and grows our audiences. With direction from the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, you will develop and maintain a robust, on-trend social media calendar that builds the GlobalGiving brand and spotlights our approach, our partners, and their vital work around the world.
To be successful, you will need to:
- Be adaptive to new and existing audiences, platforms, and trends
- Know how to maintain and build upon brand integrity
- Have demonstrated experience in collaborative work and managing multiple workflows and projects
The Social Media Coordinator will work with other GlobalGiving teams to help achieve diverse communications and marketing goals. Your responsibilities in the position may sometimes extend into other digital marketing and communications, such as email and paid advertising.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field or proven experience in social media marketing, communications, or related field
- At least 2+ years of experience working in a social media role
- Excellent knowledge in social media marketing and platforms like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook (bonus points for TikTok)
- Experience in creating content for social media including copywriting, video, and graphic design
- A thirst for creativity and learning with strong organizational and collaboration skills
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving our core values
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications or interests:
- Interest in news, international affairs
- Strong intercultural competence
- Experience using multimedia storytelling tools including Canva, Wave.Video, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience volunteering or working in nonprofit communications
- Comfortable with being an on-camera representative for the GlobalGiving brand
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $50K – $60K
Benefits include flexible work hours, hybrid work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, “Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met.” (One of many true stories.) And of course, we’ve also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager. This role can be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (including a hybrid work style) or be filled remotely.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.