Social Media Copywriter
We’re looking for a remote Social Media Copywriter to support our team. The ideal candidate will have experience writing clicky social copy for organic and paid social media channels, with frequent cross-over into email as needed. They’ll have the ability to capture our specific voice and engage with our audience in an authentic, natural way. Constantly educating themselves and improving their copy based on trends, what’s working, and any new information.
Here at Brainjolt, our sole mission is to battle boredom. Across our 25+ brands, we curate and create viral video content (including Snapchat’s Bad Parenting Moments) as well as click-worthy articles on our HUGE web properties (including 22Words, 22BestThings), with a collective audience size greater than the entire population of Thailand (69.8 million+) across all of Brainjolt’s platforms . Furthermore, our growing partnerships with both globally recognizable and up-and-coming Amazon affiliates constantly surprise and delight our audiences with the latest gadgets we know. they’ll. love.
This is a contract, remote position in the United States
Compensation: $50/hour, 30 hours per week
Must be able to share examples of previous work and results
- 2 years minimum experience in a Social Media Copywriting position
- Writing clicky social copy for organic and paid social media channels, with frequent cross-over into email as needed
- An understanding of what kind of copy performs best on each individual platform and to a wide range of target demographics
- The ability to capture our specific voice and engage with our audience in an authentic, natural way
- Experience with storytelling through copy, creating open loops and curiosity-driven pieces that hook people quickly and keep them reading
- Generating ideas for posts and ads that would resonate with the audience and curation and creation of the copy for those pieces of content
- Knowledge of what kinds of CTAs perform best; especially with Amazon shoppers
- Experience working within the e-commerce space with data-driven KPIs that measure impact and performance
You should be ready to:
- Constantly educating themselves and improving their copy based on trends, what’s working, and any new information
- Write creative, pithy, and click-worthy copy that commands attention and converts shoppers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can rapidly adjust to new systems or ideas
- Be excellent at communicating with the team via chat or video meetings to ensure goals are being met
- Be comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback to improve their work and the work of others
- Experience in e-commerce writing is a huge advantage
Brainjolt is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.