Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
You will enjoy the flexibility to either work onsite in Eden Prairie, MN, or to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute code, tests, automation, application design and architecture to an agile team of engineers working across the application stack and portfolio
- Collaborate with scrum teams in grooming user stories and developing acceptance criteria so that we can deliver value to our customers
- Solve technical problems to discover solutions at any level of the stack (backend, frontend, database, and infrastructure)
- Collaborate with product team, run retrospectives, and keep track of backlog with business
- Communicate, learn, and share ideas across teams
- Perform code reviews, guide development team, and manage deployments
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with the development team to actively involve them during the requirements stage level analysis
- Work towards preparation of requirements management plan, business, and functional requirement documents
- Create data flow diagrams and process flow diagrams to facilitate better system understanding
- Analyzes and investigates
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, math, science, engineering, or a related field
- Experience working with at least one of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development with Sprint Boot, Serverless architecture, Containerization, IaC, public / private cloud (Azure), application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Full COVID-19 vaccination may be an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Full Stack Engineer that can work with all technologies and willing to learn
- Development experience in Java and related tools/software
- Agile development experience, experience in lightening/LWC, Salesforce Experience and knowledge of Agile ceremonies and practices
- 5+ years of experience in building application using Spring Boot and Spring framework ecosystems
- 3+ years of experience in working with a database like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Cosmos DB
- 2+ years of experience in public cloud products (Docker swarm and Azure) cloud-native architectures, serverless frameworks, data security and integration service
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience with the following: Streaming technology – Kafka Data processing – Spark and Airflow Logging and Monitoring – Elasticsearch and ELK stack, Prometheus, and Grafana Microservices architecture – NodeJS, GraphQL
- Experience in Innersource and Open Source code contribution
- Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, Process Builder, Approval Process, Reports, Dash Boards, Integration (SOAP & REST), Canvas APP, Sharing and Security Models
- DevOps pipeline setup using Jenkins, GitHub, and scripting languages in Jenkins
- Tooling or metadata API experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum.
Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.