Title: Software Engineer – Backend – Ad Reporting and Measurement (Tech Lead)
Location: US Remote
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 295,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, the Ads Engineering organization is responsible for building our next-generation Ads platforms focused on serving relevant sponsored content to neighbors worldwide, and building campaign management platforms based on the needs of local advertisers and businesses.
We are looking for an experienced ads technology leader to build the next generation of ad reporting and measurement platforms to attribute conversion and share the value with our advertisers for their ad spend. This person will contribute to the technical roadmap, design systems, and develop technology to scale the systems.
The Impact You’ll Make
As part of the Advertiser platform team, you will be playing a crucial role in defining, architecting, and building the systems and features that scale ads reporting systems and ads measurements platform. You will be building the foundations for Ad reporting and conversion technology for the Nextdoor Ads business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build the technical roadmap for ads reporting and measurement in collaboration with engineering and product leadership
- Design, implement, and maintain our ads measurement infrastructure, including services to advertisers to enhance conversion data, attribution infrastructure, and reporting
- Enhance the scalability, reliability, cost efficiency, and developer productivity of the platform
- Lead a small group of engineers to develop various components and features
- Coach and mentor other developers in the team
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science
- 5+ years of experience in software development or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in Ads domain
- Experience building horizontally scalable, resilient large-scale services and data pipelines
- Experience leading a small team of developers to build systems
- Experience with building data pipelines using: Spark, Kafka, Flink, etc
- Experience using real-time analytics databases: Druid, Pinot, Redshift
- Proficiency with Java and experience developing in a scripting language like Python
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Experience building ads measurement and reporting infrastructure
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.