Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
We’re building a different kind of IT company, one that meets our customers and our own team on their turf, on their terms. We’re growing fast right now and you can be part of it with all the opportunities to add value that come with that. Curious? Great! That’s what we like in a Softie!
Our Softies are a diverse and globally distributed team that are on a mission to change the future of data infrastructure with task-specific hardware and open source. We aim to do all the hard work so that our customers can adopt the best open source has to offer in a bulletproof and resilient way. Our team thinks differently, working as an integrated but globally dispersed team of experts in hardware manufacturing, firmware, software, infrastructure and everything in between.
As we grow our operations, we’re looking to grow our team who contribute solutions to the open source community.
- Design, integrate and deliver new features’ part of the SONiC release train on top of our own networking switch products.
- Interact with internal engineering and the SONiC community to resolve problems and define new features.
- Display strong technical leadership in feature definition, feature delivery, code review, and backlog management.
- Develop and maintain software for delivery, operations and life-cycle management of SONiC.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience programming with Python, Go, C, C++, Java or similar.
- Experienced in Networking protocols: L2 and L3.
- Background with Linux programming.
- Knowledge in Linux shell scripting.
- Excellent communications skills in the English language, both verbal and written, especially in online environments such as mailing lists and chat systems.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people (both technical and non-technical).
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule, and to motivate and mentor others to do the same.
- Technical understanding of complex distributed systems.
- Networking subsystem experience within the Linux kernel.
- Delivery of scale-out service solutions.
- Exposure to devops/system administration.
- Experience working on a distributed team on an open source project.
We operate globally and also have some pretty cool offices worldwide. Time travel (aka time zone optimization) is one of our superpowers and we use this to our best advantage in setting up teams and how we work. To complement our existing teams, this role can be based remotely, or in one of our offices in the US, UK, Germany, Czech Republic, Australia, New Zealand or Singapore.
We pay competitively in the market in which you want to be located, and provide an attractive benefits package including significant share options in our fast growing, mid-stage start-up.
We work with like-minded companies across all of our business. We’re not into vendor lock-in of any type, we don’t do the hard sell and we treat time and attention as valuable resources. Recruitment agents, please don’t send us unsolicited resumes or CVs unless we’ve asked you to work with us on the role – it just shows us you’re not our type.