Title: Staff Analytics Engineer, Central Data
Location: United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb, Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware or Rhode Island. As this list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
About the Team
The Airbnb Central Data team is looking for a Staff Analytics Engineer to join our team. We own and curate central data models, data resources, and metrics that are critical to our business. In this role you will own some of Airbnb’s most foundational data assets.
About the Position
Analytics Engineers build the data foundation for reporting, analysis, experimentation, and machine learning. We are looking for someone with expertise in metric development, data modeling, SQL, Python, and large-scale distributed data processing frameworks like Presto or Spark. Using these tools, along with first-class internal data tooling, you will transform data from data warehouse tables into critical data artifacts that power impactful analytic use cases (e.g. metrics, dashboards) and empower downstream data consumers. As an Analytics Engineer you will sit at the intersection of data consumers and data engineering, and work collaboratively to achieve highly impactful outcomes.
Data can transform how a company operates; high data quality and tooling is the biggest lever to achieving that transformation. You will make that happen.
- Understand data needs by interfacing with fellow Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Business Partners
- Architect, build, and launch efficient & reliable data models and pipelines in partnership with Data Engineering
- Design and implement metrics and dimensions to enable analysis and predictive modeling
- Design and develop dashboards or other data resources to enable self-serve data consumption
- Build tools for auditing, error logging, and validating data tables
- Define logging needs in partnership with Data Engineering
- Define and share best practices on metric, dimension, and data model development for analytics use
- Build and improve data tooling in partnership with Data Platform teams
- Passion for high data quality and scaling analytics engineering work
- 9+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong skills in SQL and distributed system optimization (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hive)
- Expert in schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R)
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Detail-oriented and excited to learn new skills and tools
- Experience with an ETL framework like Airflow
- Python, Scala, Superset, and Tableau skills preferred
- An eye for design when it comes to dashboards and visualization tools
- Familiarity with experimentation and machine learning techniques
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.