Title: Staff Software Engineer, Self-Service
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Self Service is a new, fast moving team responsible for evolving existing self-service flows to be more effective and introducing novel new flows. This team holds a dual mandate, building a delightful consumer experience that empowers our customers to handle account management functions on their own, while driving improved unit economics for the business. Think of this as a growth hacking team, where the goals are to drive self-service rate & improve unit economics, all while driving long term retention and thus strengthening Affirm’s network.
We are seeking a highly motivated Staff engineer to join the Self Service team and help fulfill our vision to deliver innovative features that provide new levels of accessibility to our users while building in a scalable, sustainable way.
What You’ll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Consistently generate simple and sophisticated designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other engineers both inside and outside the immediate team.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that embraces the diversity of the team.
What we look for
- 7-10 years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring senior engineers.
- Prior experience in architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems.
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP & RPC interfaces and intuitive user interfaces
- Product-centric thinking — we care just as much about the product experience ours, our stakeholders’, and our company’s as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- Experience with Python3, Java/Kotlin, and React/Redux.
- You are not dogmatic, and believe in solving problems with the right tool for the job, and are comfortable jumping across the stack.
- Experience providing reviews on teammates code and designs, providing constructive feedback to meet a high bar of quality and help others grow.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA 31