DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than the 16th of February 2022.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In 2020, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to fight hunger globally, including its work during the coronavirus pandemic.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Contract Type: Service Contract – SC4
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Aleppo
Number of required employees: 1
This job is found in WFP warehouses. Job holders report to the Warehouse Management
Assistant/Associate or the designate. Job holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and
work with minimum supervision. They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse
To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse
operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with
WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Eﬀectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against oﬃcial approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign oﬀ warehouse and transport documents, and maintain conﬁdential ﬁles and accurate warehouse transaction on records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation on and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support eﬃcient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staﬀ to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Any other related task.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related funcational
area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least three years of progressively responsible relevant experience in any of the following fields:
Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
Experience in managing inventories.
Experience in processing invoices.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Good data analytical skills, and good communication skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Please ensure that your VPN is connected before clicking on the link below.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.