Strategic Operations Manager
- Remote Worldwide
About the Role
Remote Year’s looking for a business savvy and analytically oriented operations manager who loves to dive deep into our business data and determine which programs we should build, push for demand and deprioritize.
This role will be looking at our program performance to spot opportunities for growth. They will look at both the programs we’ve launched and the ones we are planning to, and size which programs are likely to offer the best opportunities for driving demand across revenue, LTV and investment upside. Together with Product (our trips and journeys), they will help determine where we should launch more or less and they will guide marketing what products should be promoted and when to be successful with sufficient lead times.
They will also look at risks – which programs are unlikely to fill and guide the product team to the right risk mitigation action, including as early as pre-build through canceling and rerouting.
Who You are
- Analytical – you’re a numbers person and very comfortable manipulating large sets of data
- Data-savvy – you can see data trends and identify issues with data at the same time
- Proactive – you drive the growth agenda when it comes to the product mix; you spot opportunities to accelerate our revenue targets
- Execution oriented – you’re just as comfortable analyzing data and building models as well as creating the programs that will help us sell or build more effectively
- Comfortable managing risk – you can identify opportunities and risks and drive hard conversations we need to have to drive the right priorities
- Pro Diversity – you align with and love travel, the importance we place on diversity and inclusion and our community
- Be our product expert – you know what’s live, what’s coming and what’s in plan and understand the ins and outs of the value proposition and economics
- Drive the analysis and segmentation of our product portfolio with a view when we’d expect each product to drive our revenue
- Create and output models by product to understand their likelihood to fill and build associated recommendations for promotion across marketing and sales
- Build our gating criteria for canceling the program, transitioning customers to new programs and evaluating programs that we are uncertain should receive marketing attention
- Drive Product Pricing including Dynamic and Seasonal Pricing to optimise revenue and gross margin
- Manage our overall yield and growth product mix that will help us achieve our growth targets
- Manage communication between sales and delivery team providing a comprehensive strategy that benefits both departments
- Drive automated and supplemental sales strategies to complement our (virtually) face-to-face sales team
- Proven experience as a business or operations analyst
- Strong comfort with complex data and ability to distill it to actionable business results
- Familiarity with building models in Sheets or Excel
- Proven ability to build programs and execute them off of demand challenges
About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples’ stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything “remote”
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.