Strategic Recognition Communications Specialist
Remote – United States
Remote – United Kingdom
Remote – Ireland
Remote – Canada
job requisition id
This is a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere. This is a flex time position – 20 hours/week.
This role sits within the Global Compensation, Research & Development team.
In line with General Motors’ recognition and rewards strategy, the Strategic GM Recognition Communications Specialist will support the strategic communication planning, internal communications, branding, and stakeholder engagement of GM’s award-winning GM Recognition Program to continue to drive high employee participation and engagement. The role has global reach and exposure to many areas of the business. To ensure success, the candidate should be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages within GM.
- Partner with the organization to execute short-term strategic communication plans to reinforce our GM’s recognition and reward strategy and continue to drive high employee participation and engagement with the GM Recognition Program
- Assist in writing engaging and informative content across a variety of channels to communicate recognition initiatives to the organization’s targeted audiences
- Manage communication and training products to ensure high-quality and error-free copies for management approval prior to internal release
- Assess communication results and effectiveness to drive engagement and participation
- Maintain communication calendar and library of campaigns, graphics, results, etc. within an integrated digital environment
- Maintain site content in the different in-scope languages, which includes assisting in developing or enhancing program documentation, such as, Job Aids, FAQs, talking points, and informational marketing media
- Coordinate the development of promotional graphic designs aligned with company brand
- Participate and support other communication and training in various GM Recognition projects
- Contribute to developing and/or updating GM Recognition policies and procedures to standardize practices, aligned to program governance framework
- Look ahead to global cultural observances and partner with different stakeholders in the organization to deliver a connected theme and message that helps increase education and recognition activity
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in associated subject area (HR, Communications, Marketing, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in communications in strategic recognition, employee engagement or total rewards initiatives
- Highly proficient in the English language with excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to convey concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way (storytelling)
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, and work to plan
- Organizational skills and follow-through on tasks
- Comfortable with data and able to analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions and develop recommendations from the data
- Certification in Strategic/Corporate Communications
- Experience with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with SharePoint is a plus
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day individually and collectively to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.