Systems Delivery Project Manager II (Remote Anywhere in the US)
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
As an industry game changer, IGT is the world’s leading gaming technology company focused on design and development of cutting edge, casino-style entertainment. We are bridging new technologies to create gaming experiences from the casino floor to your mobile device. IGT leverages its vast content library and pushes the boundaries of global game development to deliver the next generation of great gaming experiences to players around the world.
This position can be 100% Remote anywhere in the US.
Overall Objective and Purpose:
The Casino Systems Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of a product or service project for a client, from inception to installation. Installations may involve acceptance of capitalized equipment, enterprise software systems, system integration or consulting projects/engagements
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be working at client sites a majority of the time.
- Involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, services consultants, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams.
- Projects are focused on the delivery of new or enhanced products for the improvement of customer satisfaction through the use of technology.
- Project management skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a strong technical background is often required to manage competing interests.
- Oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years project management experience.
- Must have knowledge of, networked systems, project management, inventory management, MS Suite including MS Project, organizational and analytical skills, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- PMP desired but not essential
- Gaming operations experience
- Knowledge of gaming industry, gaming regulations, casino operations and or slot technical ability
- Operational knowledge of standalone networked and wireless gaming devices.
- Some SAP experience is ideal
- Decisions making under pressure, self-leadership, team dynamics management, problem solving, change management, issue management.
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance. IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit