Talent Experience Associate (m/f/d)
People People Team
What’s the opportunity?
As a remote first company spread across more than 20 countries worldwide, cargo.one has some unique challenges when it comes to creating a seamless and equitable employee experience. We’re looking for someone to act as the glue between the different People functions (Talent Acquisition, Projects, People Operations, Remote Operations and Learning & Development) that will keep processes running efficiently but with a human touch.
In this role you will get to work on a genuine variety of challenges, and responsibilities will evolve as our organisation develops. This would suit someone starting out a career in HR that wants to see all aspects of the employee lifecycle and build a generalist skillset before deciding where they might want to specialise.
Our People team is small but mighty, coming from world renowned companies like King and Wise. We work in an agile and data driven way, running our work in 2 week sprint cycles and continually challenging what’s possible. We might be biased, but we think they’re a lovely bunch of people to work with too.
Please, apply with a CV in English only. We are an international organisation and English is our company language.
Working in distributed teams, we are open to you being based in any country on this growing list.
A snapshot of what you will be doing here:
- You’ll be the primary point of contact for new joiners, helping them get set up with everything they need from the point of offer to their first day. That includes sending contracts, right to work checks, shipping laptops and onboarding welcome packs, and making sure they have access to all the right systems and accounts. It’s not just about steps happening like clockwork, but making sure that every new employee feels welcomed and looked after.
- You’ll help with the logistics for offboarding leavers, such as the return of equipment, deactivation of accounts and scheduling exit interviews.
- You’ll maintain company licenses for widely used tools and systems like GatherTown, Google Drive and Zoom, making sure that we have the right access levels and permissions in place, and data is up to date.
- You’ll assist with planning our twice yearly company retreats- sourcing vendors and locations, coming up with ideas for team activities and helping with travel arrangement.
- You’ll help ad hoc with projects as needed. This is likely to range from new initiatives like Recharge Week or employer branding to applicant tracking system or HR system migrations.
- You’ll support the Talent Acquisition team with interview scheduling.
- Regularly updating and improving company and team onboarding content, and running company onboarding sessions for new joiners.
- Providing regular reports for key People metrics.
We think you will love working here if:
- You value building great relationships and trust with your team and managers.
- You love experimenting with new ideas, and get super excited when you find an opportunity for process improvement.
- You want to be part of a team that wants to be best in class and renowned for being innovative and constantly at the forefront of new ways of working.
- You see working remotely successfully as a pioneering challenge which is constantly evolving.
- In everything you do, you take ownership and get a kick out of exceeding expectations.
- When faced with the choice, you’d rather opt for the ambitious to ensure you grow, than take the easy option.
- You are highly organised and detail oriented.
We are looking for individuals with:
- An interest in building a career in Operations (Tech Ops, People Ops or General Ops) or HR.
- Knowledge of Excel for data reporting, including ability to create pivot tables and graphs.
- Fluent English, in both verbal and written forms.
- Conversational level of German language skills.
What is so exciting about working in the air cargo industry?
We’re a Series B startup, with globally prominent investors including Index, Bessemer and Point9 sharing cargo.one’s vision for modernising the world’s air cargo.
Imagine a world without a Skyscanner or Kayak when trying to book your next holiday. That is exactly where the air cargo industry finds itself today. With the backing of internationally prominent investors, we are shaping the future of how the air cargo industry will work by providing a tech solution for a currently very manual and time intensive process for Airlines and Freight Forwarders to book air cargo, an industry which is worth almost $123bn. Our solution allows users to transparently and efficiently search for and book air cargo within seconds! If you want to be part of a company pioneering the way in the future of air cargo, get in touch!
Connecting the world’s air cargo markets to make them more productive and successful
Get to know our cargo.one team and find out more about daily challenges, biggest achievements and personal motivations. Paloma, Abdullah, Veit and Siena.
cargo.one is named one of 20 rising stars as part of Forbes’ Cloud 100 list
Air Cargo Booking Site Gets Bessemer Funds, Plans U.S. Foray