Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Why join Kruze Consulting?
We are not your typical accounting firm.
Kruze Consulting is a rapidly growing startup that provides Startup Accounting, Tax, and CFO consulting services to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and New York. The firm has750+ Seed, Series A, and Series B clients. The firm was started 10 years ago, by VanessaKruze, CPA and now has 140+ team members. The firm handles all its client’s accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources, and Tax issues. Kruze utilizes best-of-breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Gusto, Justworks, Rippling, Expensify, Bill.com, Zoom, Slack, and Brex. The client base is venture capital-backed startups and recent graduates from YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and Techstars.
At Kruze Consulting you are not just a cog in the system, but an integral part of our company and our client’s company. You’ll do impactful work with many high-growth startup clients who are changing the world for the better, and we are honored to stand with them in their mission.
We have an amazing company culture.
Diversity: We are a diverse community and value different backgrounds, ages, genders, lifestyles, and personalities. Balance makes our team successful.
Collaboration: The phrase “it takes a village” comes to mind. We take pride in sharing knowledge and best practices with each other.
Transparency: On Monday Mornings, we debrief and share with every team member on the previous week’s successes and failures.
Respect: Every employee at Kruze is a high-performing professional, and we treat each other with courtesy, politeness, and kindness.
Fooooood: We like to eat. We like to cook. We like to share pictures and recipes.
Wellness: To us, wellness is a healthy work-life balance, enjoying social outings, sleep, meditation, time with family and friends, exercise, and games.
We are a fully distributed company.
Our staff is 100% remote, giving us the opportunity to hire the best and brightest talent from around the world.
Visit our website at https://kruzeconsulting.com/remote-accounting-jobs/ to learn more about the benefits of working for Kruze.
We are looking to bring on an experienced R&D Tax Manager. If you love the field of finance and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth, and completely remote organization, this would be an exciting opportunity for you. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years in corporation income tax compliance with some exposure to the R&D tax credit.
In this role, your job responsibilities will be broken down into:
Conducting Interviews~50% of job
– Conduct Zoom/phone call interviews with client personnel (high client interaction position)
– Research & answer client questions; consult with Manager when higher level expertise is needed
– Educate clients on credit eligibility
– Research and assess professional backgrounds as it applies to R&D tax credit eligibility
– Gather and analyze financial statements and tax returns
– Strong follow-up to ensure deadlines are met
– Construct and maintain R&D tax credit client workflow status
Executing on Forms ~40% of job
– Create the 6765 with tax software (CCH Axcess)
– Create the 8974 (PDF filler)
– Review calculations and studies prepared by R&D tax team members
– Coordinate with Reports Team to deliver financial input
– Coordinate with the Income Tax Team to deliver financial input
– Collaborate and follow up with payroll providers to ensure proper tax credit status
Administrative ~10% of job
– Meet with Manager weekly to discuss progress and new assignments
– Meet with direct report(s) weekly to review statement of work and discuss project timelines
– Perform periodic reviews of direct reports
– Research tax law changes impacting the R&D tax credit and implement any necessary changes
– Negotiate appropriate pricing
– Supervise billing process / ensure completion
– 3+ years in corporation income tax compliance (5+ years preferred)
– Exposure to R&D tax credit is a plus
– Detail-oriented and thorough; works to ensure things don’t fall through the cracks and follows up to ensure they’re done properly and on time.
– Extreme precision, sometimes perfectionistic; strong follow-through to ensure tasks are completed exactly in accordance with quality standards.
– Very disciplined, critical thinking about what needs to be done, how to do it perfectly, and how to avoid pitfalls. Makes and checks an execution plan that is followed literally.
– Places a high value on “the book,” and/or professional background, which will be followed exactly to protect the company against risk.
– Very cautious and conservative; follows a well-established, well-proven plan to ensure success; will generally not act without one. Does the homework before taking action and will find supporting proof to verify.
– Driven to achieve operational efficiencies; thinks about what needs to be done and how it can be done as fast as possible while maintaining a high-quality outcome.
– You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and able to support your findings and recommendations with clear arguments and persuasive, fact-based analysis.
– You are very detail-oriented and a quality enthusiast. You go the extra mile to make sure your work and others’ work is done with the highest quality standard.
– You are not afraid of technology, learning new things, or new ways of doing business. You are proactive in anticipating and resolving questions and challenges. You are continually learning new skills.
– You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with and helping others whenever or wherever needed. You take ownership, initiative, and pride in your work.
We offer competitive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401k, FSA, PTO (10 days), Sick Time Off (9 days) New Client Origination Bonus of 2.5% of first-year client revenue.
Location: US Locations Only