Tech Art Director
at Level Ex
Remote (within the U.S.)
Work From Anywhere in the US – Remote Friendly Role-Chicago/Midwest Preferred
Level Ex is seeking a Technical Art Director to join our team to inspire and create stunning visuals, pipelines and tools across our teams. As a Director, you will have full ownership of your department which includes creating pipelines, managing backlogs, mentoring and managing experienced artists. Outside of the art department you will collaborate with department leaders to create new projects, pipelines and initiatives. You will bring your own style to your team, inspire confidence, and have fun pushing technological boundaries.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of technical artists
- Drive R&D pipeline efforts, tools, and new technologies for current and future products.
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering leadership to set vision for content and tools.
- Define pipelines, and reduce risks for developers across projects.
- Responsible for the growth and development of of the TA department
- Collaborate with Leads, Directors, to set expectations and deliverables within TA
- Participate in development as a technical artist where gaps in development open up
- Research and stay on top of new tools and pipelines that can forward the development of the department
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience as a Technial Artist
- 3+ years experience managing and leading a group of technical artists
- Expert pipeline knowledge in Game Engines such as Unity/ Unreal
- Proficient familiarity with all current game dev software tools; Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Houdini
- Expert knowledge in game development pipelines, sprint planning, and milestones deliverables
- Experience in HLSL Shader development, UI and 3D pipelines
Bonus Points For
- Houdini/Substance Designer Experience
- Expert Unity Knowledge
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home – or choose a snack pack instead
- Remote-friendly events ie. board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture – Video: Why Join Level Ex.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.