Technical Project Manager
What you’ll do
In a few words
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning…
Making healthcare awesome is key to everything we do at Abarca, and so the Strategy to Execution team helps us reach those heights through service design, project and process improvement, and strategy planning! The Project Management and Process Improvement team members tackle existing and innovative programs or processes at Abarca to rethink, reshape and rework how we do what we do. Project Managers seek to structure and lead complex projects using different methodologies to ensure execution. Process Improvement folks talk on the daily with our business and tech areas to leverage design thinking and human-centric design for improving, reinventing, or ideating liens of business, products, and services.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be leading large scale projects which will include tracking milestones, producing deliverables, balances risks, schedules, and resources. You will coordinate cross-functional teams of various sizes with diverse technical skills sets. Advises senior management on technical issues and communicate project issues to stakeholders and senior management
The fundamentals for the job
- Responsible for managing multiple medium-sized projects or 1-3 highly complex and large-sized ones.
- IT project managers plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
- Responsible for the oversight, management and completion of programs and projects related to technology.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, maintains project documentation, plans, and reports, monitors and summarizes progress of programs and related projects.
- Maintains and gives follow up to project teams, programmers, and external consultants. Leads the work of others, including others Project leads and/or Managers, during the life of the program and related projects.
- Controls and approves consultant hours invested in the project. Approves invoices from vendors regarding services rendered by third parties.
- Oversights and coordinates activities, resources, and equipment’s to accomplish program benefits and projects goals in the most efficient way.
- Promptly escalates issues which cannot be resolved.
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify and define program objectives and benefits, projects requirements, scope and identify risks.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This Job has no supervisory responsibilities but usually may lead the work of others.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements
- Bachelor or master’s degree (preferred) in Engineering, Technology, Business or Economics (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in consulting, engineering, project management or managing teams.
- PMI Credential (PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, or PMI-RMP) is a plus, and experience in health insurance or PBM setting managing projects is a super plus.
- Strong computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office products and extensive experience using Excel, and Microsoft Project tools.
- Highly desirable: experience leading cross-functional initiatives, driving performance, and executing on deliverables while leveraging collaboration tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to leverage problem-solving with analytical mind-set and sharp critical thinking skills.
That something extra we d love to see
- Solution Seeker
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.