Technical Support Engineer – Tier 3
UNITED STATES (REMOTE)
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America’s Best Startup Employer!
About the Technical Support Engineer – Tier 3 role:
The Technical Support Engineer – Tier 3 will take ownership of cases that have been triaged and elevated by Tier 2, utilize advanced tools and product knowledge to work towards a resolution, all while achieving high customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate must be able to translate technical responses from Engineering into a customer-friendly format when more information is needed or a resolution has been provided. The Technical Support Engineer – Tier 3 will document and elevate customer-reported defects and collaborate with Engineering and Product on hot fixes. This position will assist in mentoring Tier 2 and work closely alongside the Engineering, Product, Professional Services, and Customer Success teams to solve advanced customers’ cases.
We are looking for team members who demonstrate our Mission, Core Values and have a High EQ.
OpenGov is the leader in providing our nation’s state and local governments with modern cloud-based software.
Powering a more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov -Core Values:
• We do what we say we’ll do.
• We drive for customer impact
• We have a passion for the mission
Technical Support Engineer – Tier 3 Responsibilities:
45% – Problem Management
Conduct advanced troubleshooting of elevated cases from Tier 2 and utilize advanced analytical skills, experience, and judgment to provide an explanation of root cause and resolution. Test, replicate, and escalate blockers to leadership or engineering development, working with the Engineering and Product teams to determine a workaround or solution.
Utilize the service desk platform (ZenDesk) for case management by providing adequate log notes, timely case updates, and work towards Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR) goals for cases. Work with various Technology Partners on troubleshooting upgrades, patches, and hotfixes that impact the functionality of OpenGov suites. Partner with Engineering and Product to test releases and perform post-upgrade validations.
30% – Special Projects
Perform assigned projects that are required to meet corporate and department objectives. Lead or participate in Hackathon Projects to improve our products, processes, or customer experience. Create documentation for new initiatives in the form of standard operating procedures so support team members can utilize them once implemented.
15% – Knowledge Management
Add to the OpenGov Resource Center by creating new knowledge content based on resolved cases. Contribute to the existing knowledge base and support peer education and efficiency through documenting repeatable processes. Provide visibility around observed trends and delegate the creation of draft articles to Tier 1 or Tier 2 team members to expand their awareness.
10% – Growth & Development
Develop the skills necessary to troubleshoot a wide range of products and technologies using standard procedures. Participate in scheduled training sessions to learn internal and proprietary technologies. Utilize the OpenGov education portal to expand your technology skills to improve case resolution and for career advancement.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of Technical Support Center experience with SaaS products
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Advanced technical aptitude to problem solve and understand complicated problem statements
• Advanced proficiency with documenting cases by triaging, responding, troubleshooting, and resolving
• Strong ability to collaborate and thrive within a team environment
• Proven ability to mentor and lead others to action on key initiatives
• Strong ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
• Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
• Proven ability to de-escalate sensitive customer situations
• Advanced proficiency with utilizing various tools to further troubleshoot application issues
• Advanced proficiency with a Service Desk platform (ZenDesk, Service Cloud, SNOW, JSD, etc.)
• Advanced proficiency with JIRA and Kanban boards
• Partnering with Engineering and Product on customer escalations requiring hotfixes
• Ability to lead meetings with multiple stakeholders and documenting action items towards resolution
• Strong negotiation skills on key initiatives and can influence all levels of the organization
• Proven experience with a Knowledge Management system and creating knowledge articles
• Strong understanding of ITIL Service Management best practices with an emphasis on Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Release Management
• Serve in an on-call rotation for after-hours emergency escalations
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times’ 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We’re powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.