Title: Technical Writer
Location: United States
PRODUCT PRODUCT MANAGER
Goldcast is transforming the future of event marketing through an integrated event orchestration platform purpose built for B2B marketing and sales teams.
Modern B2B marketing is all about engaging customers and building communities. Archaic marketing channels such as emails and webinars have proven to be ill suited for that. We believe that events will bridge that gap and be a key driver in the modern enterprise’s GTM tech stack. Goldcast is unlocking events as a marketing channel by building the Marketo for B2B events (a $25bn market/~30% of B2B marketing spends)-helping enterprises deliver, scale, and measure events that drive revenue in an integrated platform purpose built for B2B marketing and sales teams.
We launched the product in general availability in Jan’21 and have seen tremendous growth since then. Today, we count Github, Zuora, Amplitude, Drift, Attentive Mobile and 100 other top B2B firms as our customers and have been getting a lot of customer love
The company was founded at Harvard Business School in the summers of 2020. We have since raised $11.5mn in venture capital and have grown from 10 to 100+ team mates across US and India in the last 1 year.
Because of our commitment to customer satisfaction, Goldcast has grown into an industry leader. A driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our customer-focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience communicating complex features and instructions to non-technical audiences. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop comprehensive help documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services from product, engineering, and customer success teams to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, utilizing language that sets our users up for success
- Help develop and maintain detailed database of appropriate reference materials, providing clear instructional material for our users to use Goldcast successfully
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation