To support the Health Emergency Interventions (HEI) Department collect relevant data and analyze the humanitarian response plans/refugee response plans with health components in priority countries with fragile, conflict and vulnerable (FCV) settings and producing mapping of needs in these settings and related communications materials.
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (WHE Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
The Health Emergency Interventions Department of the Emergency Response Division is responsible for ensuring that emergency-affected populations have access to timely and effective health services. This includes ensuring a strong emergency management system (based on incident management), effective and inclusive coordination mechanisms, joint assessments and planning by partners, implementation of operations and services according to agreed standards, and strong logistics and operational support.
- Qualifications required:
Advanced university degree in social sciences, political sciences, or similar from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Experience required:
· At least seven years’ relevant experience in emergency response in FCV settings at national and international levels
· Proven experience in programme management in humanitarian response
· Prior working experience with WHO/UN or with an international nongovernmental organization. **
· Experience in preparation and delivery of communication materials**
Experience in health economics
PhD in humanitarian studies
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
· Excellent writing and analytical skills using appropriate IT tools
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Language requirements:
English – expert level (read-write-speak)
Proficiency in another UN language is desirable
How to apply
Please send your application to Ms Henriikka Weiss at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org