Sr. Tradeshow & Events Planner
Q2 is seeking a Sr.Tradeshow & Events Planner who will be responsible for the strategic planning, management and execution of Q2 hosted events and corporate trade shows to include contracting, pre/post planning calls with stakeholders, planning and managing booth services and onsite presence, email campaigns, and show budgets. This person will reside within the marketing organization and will report to the Director, Strategic Events & Experiences.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors, including hotel chains, service providers, and suppliers
- Clearly communicate objectives, project status and updates to stakeholders on a regular and consistent basis
- Manage Q2 hosted events and initiatives as directed (such as roadshows, executive roundtable events)
- Serve as core team planning member for annual client conference
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress of assigned events
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts related to assigned events
- Assist department in meeting business objectives for lead generation
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in corporate or association event management and trade shows
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Strong skills in Cvent, SFDC, Wrike preferred
- Detail oriented, organized, strong project management and budget management skills
- Proven ability to manage projects independently, drive projects to completion, and implement change
- Communication and interpersonal skills ability to build strong working relationships and communicate with sales teams and leaders
- Proactive attitude and an ability to work to deadlines while handling multiple projects
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- CMP or CTSM Credentials preferred
- Ability to travel; approximately 20% travel
- Physical Demands: This job requires some physical demands. Examples: standing, walking, lifting/moving objects up to 25 pounds, vision req., noise level, etc, particularly when on-site at an event. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.