Title: Trending News Writer, Sports Illustrated (Golf)
Employment Type: Full Time
SI Golf is expanding! We are seeking a talented writer for our digital operations focused on breaking, trending, and viral sports content that feeds passionate golf audiences with the latest news and insights. This writer will produce quick hit, snackable and shareable golf related content covering trending and socially viral topics. SI Golf aims to provide news, rankings, lists and insights to rabid golf enthusiasts. We’re looking for an ambitious candidate with sound journalistic instincts who feels comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Applicants should be able to write quickly and cleanly. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
The position is part of the collective bargaining unit represented by the New York NewsGuild. The anticipated annual salary for this position is $64,000.
- Write breaking and trending content based on the golf news cycle
- Assists in identifying potential stories by closely monitoring breaking news and trending topics via social media, Google and other tools
- Provides input on compelling story ideas and concepts that attract audiences
- Assists in providing interesting insights and analysis that are engaging, impactful and shareable
- Assists in creating rankings, lists, comparisons that stimulate passionate golf audiences
- Have a high motor to produce quality story volume written with passion and creativity
- Understand digital audiences, how traffic moves across search and social, and how to capture those audiences
- BA/BS degree in journalism, English or related field
- Demonstrated experience in print or online journalism at a recognized news organization
- Possesses an understanding of the online media landscape
- Strong editorial and communication skills
- Comfortable with a fast-paced virtual newsroom
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with a percentage match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company – AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays, including Juneteenth and New Year’s Eve
The Arena Group creates dynamic, digital destinations that delight consumers with stories and news about the things they love their favorite sports teams, the inside scoop on personal finance, and the latest on lifestyle essentials. We are building out a robust media ecosystem that brings together consumers, publishers and advertisers with a proven strategy that brings sustainable performance growth in audience, engagement and monetization. We harness the authority of trusted brands and the editorial prowess of our leading writers and editors. Our destinations live on a robust technology platform that helps deliver best in class capabilities in direct sales and programmatic advertising, data, SEO, social, and operations.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.