- United States – Remote OK
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
We’re growing and looking for a Personal Lines Underwriting Assistant at Openly to complement the Underwriting Team!! This role will provide critical support for the growing needs of the company, our independent agency partners, and policyholders. This role’s ideal candidate will be energized and excited about working as part of an insurtech startup company. A can-do attitude and roll up your sleeves mindset are critical for this role. If you exemplify Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Curiosity, and Urgency, we want to hear from you
- Professionally interact with agents and policyholders to build positive business relationships
- Assist with the processing of cancellations, non-renewals, and request for repairs letters
- Monitor the inventory and status of property inspections; taking required actions as necessary to ensure completion
- Collaboratively engage with underwriters and product teams as necessary to inquiry, instruct, collect, or maintain pertinent information to ensure there are no gaps in our process and workflows
- Be the first point of contact for agents and policyholders with questions regarding the property inspection program
- Create a monthly scorecard on Openly inspection vendor’s service level adherence, success rate, and open inventory
- Develop a thorough understanding of our policy forms, underwriting guidelines, and technical pricing approach
- Participate in projects as needed, individually and/or in teams
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Property & Casualty insurance courses preferred
- Minimum of one year of processing experience/exposure to property and casualty underwriting
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and is adaptable in nature
- Resourcefulness, intellectual curiosity, and a genuine interest in learning new processes and working in a fast-paced startup
- Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills
- Familiarity with Google Suite is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent phone, and listening skills
- Incredibly organized with superb attention to detail
- Ability to successfully support multiple projects and requests while delivering a high degree of service
- Self-starter mentality with strong time-management skills who can work autonomously
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.